L 3-2 vs Salford City (H) - League Two - Sat 22nd April, 3pm

Ok.

1. an attempt to keep the ball better. Completely saddled has noted a 30% increase,. No reason to doubt him

2. Massive increase in effort and movement. Don’t have the stats but it certainly felt like players were trying to find space.

3. we actually scored 2!. That’s a massive achievement.

Yes, it was against 10 men. But the last few games have been clueless lethargic hoofball and I maintain without emojis that it was a step in the right direction.

13 Likes

Agreed. The only positive was identifying what was wrong and changing it and it being more effective, but had that happened under Flynn we’d be saying that he once again started a game wrong and had to adjust once we were already a goal down.

2 Likes
  1. Addressed that here:
  1. Highly subjective. I don’t think we’ve lacked effort under Flynn at all, save maybe the last couple of performances. At times this season effort has been the only consistent thing about this squad.

2. :joy::joy: 2 goals in a losing effort against 10 men. Raise the f***ing roof! :joy::joy:

I maintain, with emojis, that it was every bit as pathetic :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No we weren’t after the first 20 mins when we were piss poor the tactical change with Mcentee got us back in the game, it was dead even last 20 mins of first half and start of second half, a good equaliser but shouldn’t be losing to 10 men .
The football was definitely better,not great but with a squad of players bereft of any confidence that’s to be expected.
Big deflection for the winning goal, that’s football shit happens.

1 Like

Indeed. In fact the changes have been a massive (correct) criticism of Flynn for weeks.

So except for damn near a quarter of the game? Ok :joy:

That’s poor even for you , you do know there was at least another 67-5 minutes left

Yawn.

Yes and that’s why I said “before the red card” and not the whole of the game. So we got pumped for 20 minutes if I give you that measure. After already being a goal down we were, at best, about even, and then we couldn’t even be the better team against 10 men :man_shrugging:

Great step in the right direction.

Its hard to break organized teams down with passing movements. Sometimes the pass isn’t on.

In previous weeks we’ve hoofed whereas today we recycled it looking for the constructive pass, because we will get better and passing and the forwards will get better at finding space and timing their runs. That’s the step in the right direction.

Of course it was easier to pass once Salford went down to ten men. That doesn’t negate the fact the players were trying to do the right thing more frequently than compared to previous games.

5 Likes

So you accept it’s better than the last couple of performances. I agree. Thank you

1 Like

No. Just acknowledge it’s a step in the right direction. :wink:

Superb. If you ignore the fact we were completely outclassed to begin with, and then beaten by ten men, I guess you could see that as a step in the right direction.

Keep it to one post instead of carpet bombing a thread :+1:t3:

Not what you said though is it, there’s also the other 40 odd games.

Haha apart from it clearly being total bollocks.

Think about where we are coming from , we have a squad of mainly competitive players at this level who have had any confidence or belief drained from them over the last few months, so any improvement in my opinion is welcome.
TBF this season can’t end soon enough the retained and released list needs sorting asap and there needs a massive reset with the remaining players , a clean slate.
Personally I’m leaning towards giving Sadler and ROK a chance it looked like O’Kelly was playing a leading role on the line today.
Firmly believe whatever happens if possible we should try and keep ROK involved

4 Likes

Sure, but that’s been true over the last few months as well. Swap managers and people would be absolutely spewing about today, and rightfully so.

Don’t mind ROK staying, he’s proved his quality. Sadler made a right mess of his first interview question and his comments in the press were frankly baffling. I think we need a proper manager.

2 Likes

Agree with last point.

We need someone who knows how to do a rebuild. It can’t be entrusted to a greenhorn.

1 Like

Thank you for your reasonable and considered reply .

While we are all being sensible , what actually makes a proper manager ?

I give what I get :+1:t3:

1 Like

@Thanatos that’s for you as well

Proven achievement at a level. Sometimes you can give a rookie manager a go, I don’t think this is a situation for a rookie manager at all. It’s a club in a slide for majority of a decade, get this wrong and we are staring at non league.

2 Likes