L 3-2 vs Salford City (H) - League Two - Sat 22nd April, 3pm

I will be be over the moon if we have a shot :joy:

3 Likes

It might be interesting today. I suspect, but could be wrong, that the players will be keen to do well and thus shift the blame for the poor run onto Flynn and away from themselves. So it might be decent. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps. Or at least less terrible than it has been of late.

At Bescot station. Trains seem to be stopping here now. Well one heading to Walsall did and screen says 9:41 to Wolves via Brum will be stopping

2 Likes

Got a bad feeling we will get dicked today! :see_no_evil:

Bit early to start drinking JT … :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

Got a lot positive feeling about today now rok is back!
Walsall to score
3-1 Salford

1 Like

Such optimism, perhaps you could let me have some of what you have taken, that enables you to suggest such an outrageous remark!

First time in quite a while that I’ve gone for a win in the predictions. I just really hope (unrealistically perhaps) that we really stuff the appalling Salford,

2 Likes

That monster of theirs, Smith, can outjump any of our midget defenders even if they used ladders!
Can’t see them ‘not’ getting a hatful against us, if Harrogate can beat us 3-0 I fear for the scoreline today, our players have given up on the season as well as Flynn.

1 Like

Maher must start.

Monthe and Wilko have been garbage recently.

I’d probably throw in Sawyers given our suspensions.

We are likely to lose so it’s a free hit, but we might need to play Low because of their aerial threat.

Put Marvelous on the bench because he’s a striker who can run.

Loanees can go home (I’d only play Low if Matt Smith plays for them).

Thanks for this I looked on the Trainline and it’s saying trains are stopping at Bescott

Hope our players have the same desire to beat Salford as we do

2 Likes

Everything seems to have stopped at the bescot mate like playing football and winning football matches :smile:

5 Likes

We haven’t stopped conceding goals

2 Likes

Good point well made.

No chance. Sadlers spent most of the season working with him in the “non playing” group and there’s no way he puts him on for his first game when all he’ll want to do is give himself a chance.

He has the same squad to work with as Flynn. Which was limited in terms of options at best. With White and Daniels missing Monthe will defo play as will Low I imagine in a back 3.

I’d expect a similar formation (1 days training is not enough to implement anything else).

The line up and the formation was not the problem. It was the style and the fear factor / instruction to take zero risk that I’d most like to see an initial change in.

Lets get maddox / hutchinson on the ball more often than we have. It should simply be an instruction to get the ball to either of them at all costs as often as possible. Anything else is a waste.

1 Like

How about a back 2 of low and mcentee ?
Monthe needs a kick up the backside

My preference is a back 4 generally speaking but there’s no way Sadlers putting that in practice after one days training.

1 Like

Be interesting to see if Sadler rips up the Flynnball manual and changes the formation and style of play.I’m guessing he’ll want to impress during this final spell and put his stamp on it.

We are at home.
To me, a back 5 and a defensive 2 of Comsella is anti-football.
If Matt is the figurehead, the likes of Hutch, Maher (or Maddox) ‘in the pocket’ (to use that godawful phrase) are far more likely to get the crowd onside than an aimless hoof.

Like I said, today is a free-hit.
I’d honestly take an exciting 3-2 defeat right now.
This is how low my expectations have sunk.

Play 7 defensive players at home and I can’t be arsed, to be honest.

3 Likes