L 5-1 vs AFC Wimbledon (A) - League Two - Sat 27th April, 3pm

47 from 54 is some going pal :clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

DJ comes off the bench & saves a last minute penalty after Smith is sent off.
Sadly this is enough but MS says he now sees an exciting new role for DJ next season

2 Likes

The very drunk bit is most likely to happen

1 Like

Just miss out lol. We had a slim chance for a couple of tweaks of grabbing the LAST play off place in completion with about 6 other Teams all in a better position!!!. :joy:. The other 6 promotion places were completely out of reach!!!

Hardly just missing out!!!

We were literally in the top seven at eighteen minutes past three last Saturday.

Will be a case of missing out by goal difference to two points if we win on Saturday.

I say thatā€™s pretty close to me.

Best season weā€™ve had in years :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

1 Like

At Port Vale, where he bags 30 on their way to the L2 title.

Someone said we could finish 10th!!!. Only the top 3 go up. If that happens. Play offs are a lottery. I wouldnā€™t call that just missing out

I genuinely donā€™t know what youā€™re going on about :laughing:

Thought itā€™s quite simple. If we finish 10th no one is gonna look at the League table and say ā€˜Walsall just missed out on promotionā€™!!!

Plenty of supporters will say ā€˜best season in yearsā€™, as well as ā€˜we just missed out on promotionā€™

Being a pedant Iā€™ll point out the top three and one of the next four go up. So top seven is in contention at the end of the regular season.

Many Saddlers to desperately try and reach their better half on the phone to stop them booking that holiday as we miraculously find ourselves in the playoff place with 5 mins to go.

4 peoplevto receive medical treatment in extra time as their heart gives out, only for Andy f@$## Cook to score a last minute winner for Bradford.

Knowing cook heā€™d run all the way to Wimbledon to celebrate infront of our fans

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see none of the loans play (that we arenā€™t planning to sign) and none of the players that Sadler has no intention of retaining. If that means kids so be it. Start preparing now.

Couldnā€™t care less about the result.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair enough, most likely we didnā€™t make the cut for the extended season either. Itā€™s not a failure but nothing that we should be celebrating or even taking a pat on the back for. As soon as the whistle blows on Saturday, the focus should be on doing better next season. Itā€™s only the best season in years because in those years we have been bloody awful. If we can say the same next season, we may have something worth celebrating.

Me and my boys are going tomorrow, hoping for a good performance and an entertaining game to finish off the season.

8 Likes

Superb support,

3 Likes

Somehow my Local Ground these days and still havenā€™t been to it since it openedā€¦, good crowd expected tomorrow be nice to end the season with a win.

2 Likes

Outstanding support, although thatā€™s a given as Steve Bruce would say. Think Wimbledon are in for a huge shock when they see how much the away gate is, Everton Andy coming along too to enjoy the last rodeo, should be an absolute hoot.

1 Like

For those not going to Wimbledon, it is legally available to watch on ifollow, despite being a Saturday 3pm kick off.

This piece explains why Colchester v Crewe can be live on Sky tomorrow and the rules/dates of the 3pm blackout.

Fans convinced Sky Sports are BREAKING 3pm blackout rule to show crunch EFL clash but thereā€™s a reason itā€™s allowed | The Sun]
(Fans think Sky are breaking blackout rule but there's reason EFL clash is on TV)

Sorry, youā€™re wrong! Josh will get all 4!!:wink:

1 Like