Last 5 Seasons

Let’s be honest we didn’t need that tweet to highlight the clubs decline, that’s just one aspect of decline

The physical condition of the stadium has accelerated.

The level of customer service has declined

The “football plan” since Smith hasn’t existed, Lee alone declined.

The club shop continues to be a joke

The match day experience has got worse (cashless debacle)

Show me any other organisation where the Board are not held to account after 5 successive years of decline

2 Likes

According to the weekend press, Homeserve are the subject of a take over bid from a bunch of Canadian financiers. As a result their shares rose by 15% which values the company at over £3 billion!
Maybe the uncertainty about their future has led to the alleged reduction in sponsorship? Whatever the case I am absolutely gobsmacked to learn that the company is valued that high on that Stock Exchange.
In 2021 the owner, Richard Harpin was worth an estimated £627 million! I wonder if he wants to give something back to the town that’s made him so wealthy? :soccer::pound::pound::pound:

1 Like

They were surely promoted from the old third division in the eighties when they had the plastic pitch and Frankie Bunn smashed a few goals past us they would then of had to be promoted to what became the prem they were there in the nineties

1 Like

It is correct we must of played them in the old second division

1 Like

I had to look it up when I heard it because I was sure it couldn’t be correct.
We played them for a couple of seasons when I first started following Walsall then they disappeared for over 20 years, apart from that one season in 88-89.
I think they must have been promoted the season after.

Glad Oldham have gone down. Vile bunch of plastic Mancs. Remember them loving Lee Hughes when everyone else despised him.
Fuckem.

2 Likes

Isn’t Walsall v Oldham the most played 3rd tier fixture

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

No. We’ve played Bournemouth 94 times in the 3rd tier and Oldham 52 times.

1 Like