Latest pomcast

What a prat he was. Its that sought of behaviour that comes back to bite. You can usually get away with a few crossing the white line in the heat of the moment. Three times weve had fans confront oppo players and fans this season.

1 Like

Yeah, donā€™t you know? weā€™re on MOTD every week, thatā€™s why our attendances are down on what they were in the past :joy:

Ignore, of course, that could be construed as an aging fan base slowly dying out and football attendance across the country is higher than it has ever been with bigger stadiums, easier to travel and better access to tickets.

You keep hinting at " the bigger picture " do you know something or is this just speculation ?

3 Likes

It wasnt a gradual decline in support. It happened in just one season.

This. Why the negative feeling?

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/wals.htm

We did have attendances that high after that point. Iā€™m being slightly facetious, Iā€™m not pretending TV didnā€™t have an impact on attendanceā€™s, but using that to explain why our ground is empty every week rather than the actions, or inaction, of the board to this point is not reality. Plenty of other clubs are on TV far far more regularly than we are and they have full grounds and waiting lists for season tickets, so there should be a happy medium somewhere Iā€™d have thought.

1 Like

I think the clue is in the later sentence ā€œAnd it is only my opinionā€. Which, of course, each person is entitled to, but opinion is all that it is. Mine is that Pomlett is doing what he can to secure the freehold and reunite it with the club. But thatā€™s only my opinion.

1 Like

As said itā€™s my opinion only

. But. I think. All is. not as it seems. With freehold. And the sudden. Change. Of. Intent to dispose timescale . Coincides with. The next rental break.

1 Like

You will be supprissed to hear Then
That by clubs own admission. They did not. Face any fines. For the so called pitch invasions

Yet now they are affecting the budget.

Itā€™s to daft yo laugh at and fans are being Gently fed. Next seasons excuses. Quite early. As they plan for. Nothing more than survival yet again

1 Like

Policing costs arenā€™t fines, just an imposition on the club based on a few idiots. Nobody apart from you mentioned fines. I brought up reputation and policing costs.

2 Likes

Apologies & for the record let me correct what Iā€™ve said before, this is now the worse period the club has experienced in around 70 years! 7 decades! Same length of time Lizzie has been on the throne. WWII rationing was still in place on some items when we were worse than we are now, but at least we owned our own ground.

Pomlett has called out the fans all season with; back off, donā€™t email the club, program notes, Pomcast digs etcā€¦ not just this latest retort about a handful of Tossers, which should have a been a 20second aside.

His biggest miss, is that he isnā€™t reading the room in all these instances and more, such as ā€˜not a bad weekā€™ and other PR faux pas, the ISSA minutes debacle being top of the list.

Shame as most of the things we call club out on, such as these are so easy to fix.

16 Likes

No need for apologies, you were factually correct :+1:

Brilliant post, that sums up perfectly why us ā€œmiserabilistsā€ are miserable with this football club

3 Likes

Nor have they faced an increase in policing costs As a result. So how could it affect the budget.

Poor excuse And as said a sly. Dig at fanbase

2 Likes

Yes indeed, bet the rent increase was bigger than the policing one.

Heā€™ll be blaming Swindon fans for our increase in policing costs & blocked toilets next week.

2 Likes

Makes me loff that anything negative, such as fines, extra policing costs etc reduces the playing budget, yet incoming transfer fees seem to disappear into a mossive black hole.

24 Likes

Spot on

I used to enjoy this UTS Board until el_nombre apparently took over and made every thread his or her own. Might as well change the name of the Board.

3 Likes

I knew it was going to be you with the next post on from Andyā€™s :joy: this site cheers me up when Iā€™m having a bad dayā€¦.class!

2 Likes

Yow gooin tomorrow @Scooby2167

1 Like

Iā€™m meant to be going to the railway mate to meet @RedandWhite that was the plan last week when we had a pint in the stadium suite but Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s happening at this moment in time why yo gooin?

1 Like