League Two Average Away Attendances

I would love to see our away fans add to those numbers next season, if they do it means they have a team worth watching.
Great effort!

So often, on social media, you see ā€œdebatesā€ about who has the best fans - is it Newcastle, is it Liverpool, is it Chelsea, or Man united perhaps?

No.

Itā€™s Walsall. Itā€™s Oldham, itā€™s Vale, itā€™s any one of a number of clubs languishing in this division, with more illustrious pasts, whose fans turn up week after week, not with expectation of winning, but with perennial hope. These are true football fans and it gladdens my heart to see some of the figures here.

16 Likes

Having watched Stockport vs Halifax yesterday Iā€™m particularly looking forward to seeing County fans fill their allocation at Bescot next season & for us to fill Edgeley Park.

7 Likes

In 2007 when we won this league we averaged over 1,000 for away games it would be similar again if only we could have a winning team.

Only 50 behind Vale despite their good season. Thought their away audience at Swindon yesterday was poor also. Fair play to our supporters, itā€™s a given we will take a healthy away audience and get behind the team and LP had special praise for them in his most recent update.

1 Like

As has already been worked out, thatā€™s a typo, therefore leaves us around 250 short of Vale

Away audiences will be well up next season if Mick Flynn brings back the good times, thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Iā€™m not trying to defend Vale here, but as a general point, the kick-off times for those playoff games were ridiculous. Northampton at 7.45 on a Saturday night and Swindon at 12 Noon on a Sunday. No consideration for the fans at all.

1 Like

Agreed, I think clashing with Eurovision was hardly ideal and may be the reason for a number of empty seats in both ends at Mansfield v Northampton.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Was there a debrief on the Eurovision results?

3 Likes

Apparently, Cypriot Constantine thought that Spain edged it, whereas German Gerhard and Austrian Adolf were convinced that the audience got it right.

1 Like

What was the audience like at Eurovision?

Usual mix of oddballs and lunatics :laughing:

2 Likes

Graham Norton described it as spine tingling and ā€˜absolutely electricā€™. Huge British following over there too.

1 Like

One way of trying to increase attendances to be fair

Pretty sure we took an average following to Barnsley after requesting extra tickets :rofl:

1 Like

That was disappointing at Barnsley tbh think we took 2k in an away end that held 5k for such a big game

I remember the excellent Kiddy Harriers fanzine ā€œIn the soupā€ did a Eurovision song entry in the early 80ā€™s as they thought this was the only way they could get into European competition; and for some reason the chorus has remained with me to this day.

ā€œJe tā€™aime very much the Harriers
Thatā€™s why I sing this song
Je tā€™aime very much the Harriers
Bish, Bash, Bongā€

3 Likes