League Two next season

Cheers. That makes sense, I just couldn’t find anything referencing that.

Hartlepool vs Torquay tomorrow afternoon then to see who comes up I’m guessing many will be rooting for a certain weekend away in Torquay next season.

3 Likes

To be honest yes i do love Torquay, my parents lived there for about 12 months while they were waiting for their park home to be built and sited in Wheaton Aston. (they have since moved about another 5 times since :roll_eyes:)
So we had some lovely weekends down there, sitting around the harbour outside bars and restaurants in the colder months, with those large patio heaters keeping us warm.
We have also had a weekend there last time we played them in a pre season friendly.
But i would also like to spend a weekend in or around Hartlepool, possibly coming back down to Whitby for the weekend?

2 Likes

And you always track them down.

8 Likes

COME ON TORQUAY!!! I would love a trip back down to Plainmoor. I really hope they can do it, be great to see back in the league.

2 Likes

Went to Paignton as a kid but never been to Plainmoor to attend a game and enjoy a weekend with a few saddlers fans,definitely something I’d be interested in though :+1:t2:

1 Like

If it is Torquay, will be looking forward to another trip to the nearby Hanley’s fish shop - one of the best in the country and probably my favourite (the only place I’ve ever seen selling battered John Dory & chips!)

1 Like

It’s a quality day out, Especially for football. Last time I went for football was one nil victory in dosh season. Torquay, comparative to how some seaside towns have gone down the pan is still an excellent weekend away as well. Fantastic b and b’s and lots to do down the seafront. Used to frequent down the years when I lived in Plymouth and it never disappointed.

2 Likes

Might be nice for a couple of days but!!

Smog ridden Hartlepool or the english riviera?

2 Likes

I have been here to and sat inside. Agreed a quality Chippy! A few pints in the Buccaneer next door, a walk around the corner to the Plainmoor back to the Buccaneer and then a walk next door to the Chippy. All this overlooking the beautiful Babbacombe Downs. Come on Torquay!! :pray::crossed_fingers:

It would easily be the best away trip in League 2 next season in my opinion!! :ocean: :beer::soccer:

2 Likes

Yes, have sunk a few in the Buccaneer too.

What channel the play off final on?

BT sport 1 i think?

2 Likes

Nice one :+1:

1 Like

Well I’m sticking up for Hartlepool.

Cracking day out, the marina is lovely, friendly locals and lots of decent boozers.

That Rhys Oates is in decent form for Pools, another that’s been around for a while to no great effect but in his mid-20’s is looking decent. 6 foot 2 as well so just about fits our minimum height requirement.

Crowd over 6k by the looks.

1 Like

Good old Nicky featherstone now there’s a name from the past

I’ve got some dodgy feed sorted, sound and pictures but no commentary so can someone tell me why that was disallowed?

Foul (push/shove) according to the ref. Ref seems on Hartlepool side. Was nothing wrong with it at all should have counted

1 Like