League Two Play-Off Final - Mansfield Town vs Port Vale - Sat 28th May, 4pm

I think it’d be ridiculous that a side basically finishing in mid table could be in the play offs.

1 Like

Watching the presentation party for man city at the etihad and the back room team they have is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

How many SLOs do they have?

City did seem to have a lot of other staff out there too and watching it I did think that can you imagine the reaction on here this time next season as we get the League 2 champions trophy and the likes of Gamble, Mole and Whalley are all out there in the red Poundland home shirts with Champions 22/23 on the back!

1 Like

I’ve emailed them mate and they’ll get back to me on that one :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Both sold around 15,000 so far. I reckon that’s roughly what we’d take.

Apparently Vale sold theirs much quicker as most families are all in the same bed I mean household :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

I’d fancy us to take more than 15k.

I think we took 17k to Cardiff at a far higher ebb in our fortunes. Maybe at a stretch we’d repeat this.

The 30k we took to Wembley was very much a one off novelty occasion that I’m not sure the more floaty types would clamour to repeat.

To be honest, Cardiff was better. Obviously, cos we won but the 17k felt like it was Walsall fans backing the team, at Wembley other than bumping into a few people I knew in the concourse it felt like I wasn’t following Walsall at all. In the block we sat there were loads of Villa and they weren’t afraid to let everyone know who they supported either.

4 Likes

The fecking band who sang our “Wembley song” were even singing Villa songs outside the ground :roll_eyes:

I hope they do, they thoroughly deserve it, and those wonderfully zany fans of theirs are a credit to their club.

2 Likes

“Zany” is very polite of you.

I was going to say, lots of other supporters from Villa AND West Brom, some blues and a few dogs

I agree mate.

I felt the whole thing was like a wedding. The stag do was Preston away. With all your mates (and you know when we take 800 on a rainy night to Preston exactly the crowd we are taking) absolutely tearing it up having the time of our lives. Preston at home was like the ceremony bit of the day. Quite emotional. A few faces you don’t know but on the whole your nearest and dearest. Then Wembley was like the reception. Friends of friends of friends. Work colleagues of the bride who even she doesn’t like but felt had to invite. More or less the penance for the stag do.

Cardiff was a lot better. Was like a huge away following - like Anfield or Old Trafford years before. It felt like it was a Walsall crowd rather than a day out for people with some kind of vague interest or connection.

14 Likes

Well scumbags is not a very nice word to use.

1 Like

Good job you didn’t use it then.

1 Like

Totally agree even though we played awful at Wembley it didn’t feel as though we could create an atmosphere amongst so many so called fans just there for a day out without a any real loyalties to the club… Cardiff was a special atmosphere.although smaller in numbers much louder and connected in voice.

3 Likes

If Wembley was a wedding, Cardiff would have been a 21st.

Vale should win it, but I hope they don’t.

1 Like

I think Nigel Clough will win it.

2 Likes