Leap Day Games

Having a calendar to hand, I notice our loafing around tomorrow at Stevenage is on 29 February.
We must have played on this date before, but I don’t remember it.
Can someone refresh my memory please?

1 Like

1992 won 1-0 away at Doncaster, and 1-0 in 1980 away at Newport, 1968 0-0 Stockport away, 1952 lost 2-0 away at Watford, 1936 lost 1-0 away at Southport Central, 1908 lost 1-0 away at Stafford Rangers, 1896 won 5-2 at home to Kettering. And that is it for league games. No cup games played on 29 Feb. Just one home match on 29 February.

2 Likes

According to what I’m looking at the Watford game was on Feb 23rd and the Stockport and Newport games were played on Dec 29th in their respective seasons.
I’ve got the same for the others though. :question:

Jumbo you are right - hadn’t got my reading glasses on at the time, but I’m certainly not old enough to remember all of those matches.

1 Like

So you went to Stafford in 1908 but you mom wouldn’t let you go on the Dawson’s charabanc alone in 1896? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Pedagogue was unavailable to chaperone as he was collecting his first long service gold watch…

1 Like

I wonder if this is the first time we have had a game postponed on leap year day?

Away at Stevenage? I will stick out my neck and hazard a guess that yes it probably is. :smile:

1 Like