Leicester match

I imagine that there will be a few of those outside on the day. The club have made it very easy for them

5 Likes

The unlimited ticket option does seem like an odd decision.

I missed out but luckily got some off Facebook where someone was selling 4 tickets seated together for Walsall - Leicester on 28th Jan. Collected them earlier - turns out i’m on the 10:32 train from Walsall, arriving Leicester at 12:10 :see_no_evil: :joy: They were technically correct i suppose…

6 Likes

Maybe your account doesn’t show up anything at the moment because the game you have booked for hasn’t happened yet and therefore doesn’t count as ‘history’?:man_shrugging:
Either way, bloody annoying that you can’t grt one, especially as holding for 5 hours! Good on you!
I haven’t got one either but may hop on line fri eve and see what small chance i have!:smirk:

2 Likes

Good point mate. Will give the owners confidence that we can pull in the punters.

This is what I did. I had got a ticket for my Brother-in-law for the Bradford match, sitting on the empty seat in front of us.

I couldn’t do a straight swap so we had to surrender or usual ST seats to be able to sit together.

Blimey - reading social media tonight we could have sold the ground twice over.

The good news is that there’s football on there every couple of weeks.

If you’re a Walsall fan and used your booking history or season ticket to buy six tickets for your “Villa mates” then I’d suggest you have a look at yourself.

For the club - they are probably as surprised as I am that Leicester are such a draw and with the benefit of hindsight would have probably kept the 2 tickets per person for the next tier of qualification. But very much first world problems and a pointer to just what could happen if we ever really got our act back together.

15 Likes

Great point PT. Lots of availability for the Swindon game for those hundreds of ‘die hard’ Saddlers…

8 Likes

I cant believe any Walsall fan has brought 6 tickets for their Villa/Wolves mates. Thats just mates winding each other up. Its a pure supply and demand issue. We have had 5,000 ish home fans for most games this season and we only have about 2,000 more available for this game. It was obvious they would be swallowed up quickly and some regular fans would sadly miss out no matter what way they did it. I do think they have give Leicester to many tickets. The 1,700 behind the goal was plenty

6 Likes

That must be it. I’ve just had an email back from the ticket office manager saying I booked a future Game therefore are not eligible.

I’m sure it said booking history, not that you had to have attended already so I’m not massively impressed with that reply from them really. Suppose they would stop any away fans signing up and booking for future games. Maybe I’m just in a mood about missing out.

1 Like

Shame to see posts on social media of genuine fans missing out. I think the ‘buy as many as you want’ policy began too quickly but like most of us, I doubt they expected us to sell out so quickly.

10 Likes

Yes mate I’ll inbox you now

I’m sorry but that just doesn’t seem right. I’m definitely not one to have a pop at the club for no reason but it seems a bit like they are making it up as they go along. A bit like the chap who was saying he was told they couldn’t reserve junior season ticket holders’ seats. I’d have been furious if our George had missed out, he has been to more games than me this season cos his Mom took him when I was ill.

If you booked for the Swindon game then you have booking history, it may not have shown up on the online booking system but that isn’t the same as what you are being told.

Like I said I’m not looking for an excuse to have a go, I just feel for Walsall fans who have missed out. My guess is they didn’t think they would sell like they have so quickly. I hope you sort something out.

6 Likes

Messaged you mate

1 Like

I got lucky!!! If it wasn’t for my mate season ticket holder I wouldn’t have been going!!! I’ve been at work from 8 until 7pm and had no chance of getting online or phoning. We are a disgrace in regards to how we operate in these kind of circumstances…. Reminds me of all those years ago trying to get tickets for Old Trafford.

1 Like

Perhaps somebody from the club or maybe the supporter liason guy could answer the question why leicester were given seats in the family stand when we could of filled them seats and produced an even better home atmosphere and they also knew there was a high demand for tickets so could they explain the limitless amount of tickets today idea?

1 Like

I understand that management wants to show our america freinds a full ground and what could be if we climb the leagues. So maybe that why ticket were opened up so early.
My only concern is these none walsall fan might cause trouble which could have a bad result for us.
Last comment you can watchbus in brazil if you have the cash to fly there lol

1 Like

Although I get your point and PT’s as well, that seems a bit of an unnecessary and sarcastic dig at people who genuinely wanted to get a ticket and are fans, even if they don’t go to every single home game for one of a variety of reasons, e.g. work, distance, family commitments.

The fact is it appears that a number of people who have a booking history for this season (which shows they aren’t necessarily people just coming out of the woodwork because a prem team other than Villa are visiting the Bescot) couldn’t get a ticket. Yes, we have some ‘die-hard’ fans who go to every game, are ST holders etc, but there a set of fans, maybe the next tier down, so to speak who go to games on some sort of a regular basis, maybe home, maybe away and they follow the club closely.

It would be naive to think that people who maybe do a handful of games a season aren’t going to be a bit more interested and excited by seeing us play Leicester, and with the attachment of it being the FA cup as well, so therefore make the effort or show desire to get tickets for it. Some of those may opt go to the Swindon game, some may not but shouldn’t judge them on that necessarily. I hope that of the back of the Leicester game, along with the success we are having this season, there is an increase in our general home crowds and ‘die hard’ fans

9 Likes

This is where I think if a game is a sell out, it could be televised and sold to fans like the i-follow games are. More income generated to benefit smaller clubs and access to the game for anyone who couldn’t get a ticket.??
Then again it’s the BBC and FA I’m talking about …

1 Like

Didn’t mean to imply a dig at regulars who miss out. My overt dig was at anybody who used their status to buy tickets for those who aren’t that bothered and I thought any implied dig was at those who have appeared “out of the woodwork”

If any regulars who are missing out took it as a dig at them, I apologise.

For what it’s worth I think the club could repair some of the damage over the next couple of days in a meritorious way. Not perfect but better than a phone lottery. A few dozen tickets will become available as a result of season ticket holders who can’t make it.

I’d create a ranked waiting list and distribute accordingly. One point per game, home or away, all competitions. Would mean anybody who’d been to over 30 games would be more or less guaranteed a ticket, over 20 games a pretty good chance etc etc.

8 Likes

If they had done it on games watched on ifollow, instead of booking history, i would have pissed the criteria :joy:

5 Likes