Leicester match

I reckon you’re correct. Leicester City are owned by King Power, a Thai company. Naturally, they have quite a large following in Asia, even moreso since their recent Greed League & FA Cup wins.
Guess what time it is in Bangkok at 12:30pm UK time!..7:30pm. Smack, bang in the middle of prime-time.
That’ll be your reason for us having to suffer a 12:30pm kick-off…

4 Likes

If one of the ties after the replays is more interesting and TV friendly, surely they can’t be ignored? How can they choose what games will be on TV if all the next round ties haven’t been decided yet?
I’m still not holding my breathe that will be picked though.

Well they should put their hands in their pockets then, and pay us for OUR inconvenience

It’s live again on ESPN

For our American friends…I wonder how much the club receives from EPSN compared to itv or bbc

Too early in the day to be shown live in the USA.

Unless they’ve paid the FA for the TV rights, simply owning Leicester isn’t enough to change the KO time.
Anyone can bid for the rights for games that, as was pointed out, are spread out for more to sell. It’s nothing to do with mad conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Surely fanatical Saddlers fans would set their alarms :smile:

The only time I got up early when living stateside was to avoid getting sunstroke when mowing the lawn…

1 Like

Nofo could produce a maple pancake breakfast stout for those American hardcore fans :wink:

1 Like

Not Alaska then?

1 Like

That’s not the point I’m making. I didn’t suggest that Leicester’s owners, King Power, asked for the game to be moved.
Obviously, the FA sell TV packages around the world to various TV companies. The SE Asia market is a huge one, so I’m quite sure that the FA’s broadcast partner for that region , beIN Sport , could ask the FA to move a game to suit their audience.

Crazy ….how much will the club lose in revenue from their pre match meals and booze etc ?

I would imagine the club will lay on a breakfast buffet .

Normally I’m on the east coast but that weekend I’m in Gulf Shores Alabama so it will be at 6.30 KO for me.

1 Like

Just saw leicester are been given 2200 seats . Hope walsall can sell a load of tickets would be nice to see a nearly full ground .atmosphere will be amazing i expect

I’m personally just praying I can get 2 or 3 tickets. I’m on the blower tomorrow morning…

1 Like

Online would be easier at 9? Well saves waiting around

1 Like

Just realised the ticket office isn’t open until 9 I thought it was 8:30… I’m going to have to try when I get breaks in play from work.

Mobile / Destin?