Leicester ticket?

They had a waiting list for Stockport tickets. Might be worth emailing the club if any returns come in, they’ll contact you.

1 Like

I’ll message you mate! Thank you

2 Likes

Says it all really dow it? Similar situation if we get to the play off’s? guaranteed.
Bet some of the folk that have bought tickets for the Leicester match will have to look up where the ground is actually situated!

2 Likes

Still not been able to get one, if anyone hears of any going please message me, thanks guys!

My poor old sister - shes been to most home games, has a purchasing history and can’t get a ticket!

I hate this!!!

Every time we get a decent tie or a big game a bunch of prawn sandwich scoffing, never been to a home game, had to find Bescot on Google maps, don’t know what colour we wear fair weather tws, suddenly come out of the bl*y woodwork and snaffle all the tickets just for bragging rights!!!

Hate it! HATE IT!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :broken_heart:

If anyone has a spare or can’t go, I’d be grateful if you’d consider selling to my big sis - we’ve both been going since 1971… giving our ages away! I don’t care!!!

5 Likes

It’s worth noting those who did buy tickets did have a history of doing so before,. Comments about them being glory hunters or prawn sarny eaters is a bit wide of the mark !

But as several folks have said.

Someone at Walsall FC made the decision to have a free for all early doors to rake in the cash ASAP.

There were many things WFC could have done to ensure that those who have more of a booking history had more of an opportunity. I wonder if we cheapsksted on our ticketing system and it’s not clever enough to notice.

Club needs to apologise for this.

1 Like

They also made it a free for all for season ticket holders , could buy two then as many as they want. So I am guessing they are also as guilty as others.

When you do the maths, season ticket holders and booking history all being allocated 2 each would have still filled the ground.

Ticketing for big games has always been a total joke, I had a massive row with Whalley years ago about it.

The ticketing system and the early kick off time ruled me out, so I like @chunkster didnt even bother trying.

I’ll lump on though

2 Likes

You’re spot on. There’s our ST holders, who really got looked after, except where the club sold their seats from under them in a few instances, and then it was a free-for-all for the home history fans, of whom there’d be another (I dunno) 3-4,000 who pick and choose when they can come, or what they want to watch, or what they can afford, according to circumstances.

The problem lies with the club not protecting ticketing at that second stage. A cap should have been imposed to get distribution further out instead of being swallowed up by the first to get through in that second group. Phone or online is a lottery, and it wasn’t fair to some of our fans.

Yes, the club should apologise, and yes, they should take away learnings from this to apply next time.

8 Likes

Ah - rows with Whalley about tickets - got me reminiscing. The man was never wrong! I missed out on Manchester United tickets in 1998 and still rankles with me now.

I’ve had a season ticket since '99 and fairly regular away and yet my anxiety still rages when it comes to getting tickets for big games!

2 Likes

Agree that club cocked up with the free for all so early and should issue some sort of apology and say we will take account of this in the future blah blah blah.

But it could have been worse …

Fair play to their fans for saying no and not buying tickets. That’s the only real way to get the message across. Of course, they still rake in all the money from the Rangers fans, but a disgruntled fan base is never a good thing.

Excellent post and pretty much everything I was trying to say in a couple of mine about the issue (and maybe said in a better way!!)

People who’ve never been before, occasional visitors and big game only supporters are all on the list of people we need to encourage to come back more often (see “Bescot, how big does it need to be?” thread). Let’s not alienate these people with online rants and “Loyal Supporter” chants.

10 Likes

Due to my mate’s distorted priorities (visiting his daughter!) I now have a spare Senior (over 65) ticket in the Upper tier. Any other old git interested please send message. Yours for £15 not charging extra for the dubious pleasure of sitting next to me and my brother :laughing:

3 Likes

From a far away time and place when life was simpler. No internet then. No need to wait for hours on the phone. If you wanted to see the big game bad enough you would comply with the details given, turn up and join the queue. The voucher system… worked back in the day!

3 Likes

Interesting that you post this. I was a season ticket holder for decades and followed the team around the country. Reading some of the posts regarding out of the woodwork etc as if these fans are vermin is pretty distasteful. Hopefully the club has turned a corner now, and as you say these fans should be encouraged back. The sell out of the Leicester tickets in such a short time is brilliant,and probably season ticket holders treating their partners and kids to an afternoon to remember, thats the perk of being a season ticket holder. Finally, no i haven’t got a ticket, i will remain in my woodwork wishing them well

5 Likes

I remember queuing on the Sunday morning. I can’t remember how long for, an hour or so I think, might have been a little longer. I know we were back home (clutching our precious tickets) for Sunday lunch which mom had warned us to be on time for. :grin:

2 Likes

@JumboTrudgeon Memories! My dad and I had to get down to Fellows Park early on the Sunday after the draw at OT in 1975 to join the queue for tickets for the Man United replay just two days later! None of this 10 days before a replay can be held tripe.

1 Like

Likewise, the 1987/88 playoff replay kicked off less than 48 hours after the second leg finished, and the club managed to sell out the ground in that time! One long queue up Wallows Lane on the Sunday morning, I seem to remember.

3 Likes