Leyton Orient (H), Tuesday 13th Oct, 7.00pm

Have a strange feeling it’s a must win game. So, clean sheet would be nice and brace from someone. Just to feel more confident in the next games.

1 Like

Tonight feels a bit more important than it should.

Think it might be that a win would make the start to the season feel really strong.

Anything else and it feels a bit “meh”. Not great but not bad.

Only five games and there’s still every chance this season becomes an asterisk season with the competition not completing.

4 Likes

I think your right, we have already had a mix of performances where there’s been as many positives as negatives.

It’s still hard to tell where we are though, a convincing win and things will be looking rosey.

Think this will be a convincing win if we go out with a positive attitude.(3 or 4-1) I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet however as on occasion the defending is an accident waiting to happen.

1 Like

I foresee yet another draw.

Ill go for 2-2

Yeah agree with the posters saying this is the most important game of the season so far. There’s no excuses here really, we’re into the swing of the season, the lack of preseason should be well and truly out of the system now 7 games in. I think the next run of fixtures will tell us exactly where we are looking this season.

I think there’s enough positives to be hopeful. I don’t like that we haven’t signed a right winger and it’s telling that when we are desperate and searching absolutely everything comes down the left through Wes. But that is the only gaping hole I see in this team. Cam Norman has been excellent, Nurse and CCM look good, two positions we’ve struggled with for years. Kinsella is as reliable as ever, Osedebe and Holden can cause anyone issues in this league and Wes blows hot and cold, but is our best spark. I also don’t agree that we are light up front. Adebayos all round game has come on leaps and bounds even if he misses the odd sitter and Gordon is hopefully just a knock away from being fully fit.

Over to them to show what they can do

A win makes it a very good start to the season and takes us into the top 7 and although it’s early in the season, it must be in the teams thoughts tonight. Head says it’ll be a draw with the amount we’ve already had but don’t want us being that team that draws too many but still, it’s better than a loss and keeps us ticking over and unbeaten.

The O’s have just posted this on FB,
Eight goals in nine games!

Danny Johnson’s fine scoring record continued Saturday, with this brilliantly taken finish at Barrow.

Can the O’s man extend this impressive run tomorrow night at Walsall?

The answer NO. well hope no…UTS

3-1 Saddlers finally take our chances tonight Adebayo 2 and Mcdonald.

Looking forward to tonight. Not being able to go to the game is crap but I enjoy being on here whilst we’re playing and it seems to bring us all together for 90 minutes away from the other crap most of us disagree on.

Football is great :heart:

8 Likes

It’s raining, we never play well in the rain :frowning:

At least we won’t be wet and cold in the house plus hot tea whenever you want it without the queues. There are some advantages to I follow.

3-1

Ade with a couple

Lavery in for Gordon

Line-up against Leyton Orient:-

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Clarke
Nurse

Holden
Guthrie
Kinsella
McDonald

Lavery
Adebayo

Substitutes:- Rose, Jules, Sinclair, Bates, Nolan, Osadebe, White.

Any tickets, pies, pints, petrol, 50/50 money, or anything else you would care to donate to the club please do - Crowdfunding to help Walsall Football Club through the Covid-19 Behind Closed Doors situation on JustGiving

£3.5k has been hit tonight.

1 Like

Harry Kane listed as an official Leyton Orient club partner. Remember seeing him play here for them against us.

Ready to go

1 Like

Is there any way to find out later how many of us paid and watched to support the club? Just interested really - I’m sat here in New Jersey, nice to think I’m not alone. I decided to pay for each game even if I don’t get to watch 50% of the time.

Continue like we were played most of Saturday’s game and I reckon we’ve got this one.

When was that Rob? I assume I saw the game.