Luton Town vs Coventry City

Betty’s

Fair play to Robins for puttting 2 up top at half time and changing the formation.

2 Likes

Oh FFS. Just had to explain to the wife why I am so upset about Coventry scoring.

It would be just so typical of Walsall for Rico to never get a cap and Luton to lose in the play offs. I swear there cannot be many unluckier clubs out there than Walsall. We always get sharted on :frowning:

3 Likes

Adebayo to Coventry?

We have done pretty well out of Rico by all accounts even without him getting an international appearance.

We got good money for Rickett’s one and only outing for England.

Got money when Bradshaw was sold to Millwall.

Did we actually sell Scott Dann without a sell on clause?

We’ve not done that bad really, missed the big one with Deeney unfortunately.

Quote 1:

Bit harsh. Decent scoring rate this season and a good 5 years off peak.

Agree about him in the air but his control and hold up (when he manages to win the ball) is excellent

Quote 2:

el_nombre

Feb '20

expressandstar.com

Walsall’s Elijah Adebayo is striving for consistency

Saddlers striker Elijah Adebayo is striving for consistency as he looks to build on his best performance in a Walsall shirt.

Think he comes across really well here. Seems very intelligent and humble. Really hope he can piece his game together and push on because I think he has the potential to be a good player at this level

Quote 3:

Quote 4:

Not my quote, another poster confirming this

Quote 5:

Quote 6 (you’ll love this one. It’s got stats and everything):

Maybe making the leap to the premier league was even beyond what I thought, but I never understood the criticism and defended him all the time. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Fair post.

2 Likes

Definitely correlations between Sawyers and Adebayo’s career paths and what some of our fan base saw or thought they didn’t see when with us.

Yeah but Sawyers was obviously class.

Whilst Adebayo was clearly our best striker, never dreamt he’d be on the cusp of the premier league. Still don’t think his finishing is good enough TBH.

1 Like

I went through periods of thinking he was rubbish but watching this I’m amazed at the shift he’s put in and if he were still here he would be a fan’s favourite

I thought he was better than us, but not cusp of Premiership material. Around decent third tier. I think many of us saw him as a longer-term investment by Luton. I don’t think many thought he go straight into the first team with an immediate impact. I didn’t.

2 Likes

Thought he was a bit Bambish when first saw him at Alfreton in pre season, fair play to him

I agree with that although I personally thought his earlier chance which he put wide was not stuck under his feet but that sort of analogy if that makes sense and once he’s tried to take it without taking it down was always going to hit it more towards his heel area.He’s definitely really good at taking the ball down and holding it up for others more than a complete finisher of the ball.

1 Like

Finishing not good enough for what though? This is a game to get into the Premier League. I’d say it’s still good enough to be an excellent player, even by pro standards. He scores about one in three over his career so hardly terrible.

But as always it’s what else you get from him. He’s a striker that’s a nightmare for defenders. His touch along with his strength are outstanding. That’s what brings others into play, makes you a handful and sometimes even gives you an overload if two defenders have to deal with him.

That’s a pen all day btw. Free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

We won’t see a penny should Luton be promoted.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t buy it for a minute. I can’t believe anyone puts any stock in anything Pomlett says at this point. Passing comment to get people off his back. Might get a few quid, but the best deal this club has ever made? One it’s a low bar and two this is the same bloke who told Wolves and Albion to be looking over their shoulder last year :joy:

1 Like

2-1 to Luton :+1:

VAR has cost us thousands

1 Like

Even if its just an extra £50000 itll benefit the club