Leyton Orient (H), Tuesday 13th Oct, 7.00pm

Great, more chin stroking about Covid. Not enough of it on this board

1 Like

Fair point, I never really considered the thread I was posting in. Unfortunately most things lead that way at the moment.

2 Likes

Well match programmes are on sale - looks like we are still planning for it to be on.

We have until told otherwise - would be foolish to second guess things and then find out we were wrong. Keep selling programs even though game does get cancelled - the club at least gets some income; stop and we not only don’t have the cash but a pile of useless paper that we still have to pay the printer for.

There’s a good chance this game will be cancelled due to a covid out break at LO. Its interesting that Spur paid for the testing

1 Like

L orient are not very happy as it was spurs that wanted the test, because under league rules do not have to test, and i think they have come out and said that they will refuse to test in future because they feel they have been penalised.

I believe Spurs were right especially under those circumstances its a pity there own players were not so vigilant under social distancing :astonished:

1 Like

I agree Red,

However if Orient do plan to avoid tests in future in case they have players who test positive that’s completely irresponsible. Its also same reason why this virus is not under control and the reason the government have been forced to take the actions they are. Too many irresponsible people not acting correctly.

Who knows what the future brings but hopefully at some stage a vaccine will be available which keeps things under control and allows some sort of normality. When this happens, which it no doubt will and the cases are steady and not rising out of control we will be back to normal life.

Then supply and demand will again dictate what will be available and when.

It shows to me that this virus is spreading undetected yet again and no silly measures will stop it.

Its interesting to see that the club are issuing iFollow codes for Saturdays game .

In their statement they advise that they have had no correspondence from the EFL nor Orient so far.

We’re now only 48 hours away from kick-off, and Orient haven’t been in touch to confirm if the game is going ahead or not? Speaks volumes about exactly how much they think about all of the non-playing people who are involved in working behind the scenes.

If the reports are true that 18 players/staff tested positive, presumably them and all their close contacts which also includes the rest of the first team squad,should be self-isolating? The sensible option would be for the EFL to just call the game off, and all of Orient’s other games for the next couple of weeks.

Its fairly obvious there was going to be a case like this at somewhere at a club so you would think someone would have had a thought to add something to the EFL’s rules for this season around how many players you need to be positive or isolating before a game can be postponed.

Didn’t I read that Orient offered to play their youth team against Spurs to avoid the cup game being cancelled (and Spurs probably getting the walkover), on the grounds that they hadn’t had cross-contact with the first team squad? And that it was Spurs who kyboshed that on the grounds that even if the players were safe, they didn’t want to risk their multi-million pound players going to Brisbane Road without it first being napalmed?

If that is the case, would we be happy if they followed through with that for our game? I suppose the other options are to let turn up with first team players that might pass it on to ours (as seems to have happened when they played Plymouth - https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/covid-results/), postpone the game so we can have even more of a fixture pile up later in the season (if we manage to complete it), or have the game awarded to us by default (3 points but what goal margin)?

I may be wrong but I’m sure I read the other day the match can only be awarded by default to cup games. This wouldn’t apply to league games as, under normal circumstances, there would be plenty of time to re-arrange the fixture.

Game postponed

Just announced on Five Live that it’s off.

On the OS

You can see this being the start of many games being off. It would be a minor miracle if Orient didn’t pass it on to Mansfield last weekend.

This might be where @Blazing_Saddler idea of Sky helping could pull through. We will lose revenue on this now so if Sky showed the re-arranged fixture it would help both clubs.

You do wonder if the season has a chance of completion and whether lower league clubs have a chance of survival.

Proper ■■■■■■ off with it all now.

5 Likes

Unless there is some support from somewhere then it is inevitable that the season will be cancelled as far as I can see. And even if clubs find some way to survive there is no guarantee it will be any different this time next year.

Like many things we will talk about that we have lost in the future it won’t be COVID-19 that took them away, it will be the government’s response to COVID-19.

8 Likes

This is the first domino.

Bye bye.

3 Likes