Liam Bennett Signs

Underwhelmed tbh so far.

The club is crying out for a Marquee signing , couple of them would change the mood .

When have Walsall FC made a marquee signing in the past however many years?!

1 Like

I am as well. But Iā€™m expecting or should I say hoping there are going to be a couple that surprise us. Not getting those hopes up but we have to trust Flynnā€™s judgment.

1 Like

Danny Guthrie was the size of a marquee, does that count?

2 Likes

True but if Crewe can do it why canā€™t we?

So thatā€™s Foulkes, Riley and this lad that can play right back? And White? Donā€™t really get it to be honest. Surely bigger priorities in the squad.

1 Like

Tbf we are so far behind the ability of teams like Cambridge now that there is ever chance a Cambridge cast off is our best player

How times have changed we are now developing players for Cambridge, the first 4 signings were heading in the right direction gone downhill with last 2 signings. They have 2 weeks to pull of some big signings to encourage people to purchase season tickets.

Flynn has a proven record when taking younger players/players from other clubs in and around his league position on loan, so i should think heā€™s done his homework on Bennett.

Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see White leave now to be honest.

4 Likes

I think it means one or two will be leaving.

But even if we get rid of say, White, thatā€™s still three right backs? Weā€™ve just given Foulkes a deal, Riley has just signed and this lads on loan.

Surely a third choice right back is less needed than say, a decent striker for this level or a keeper.

1 Like

Riley will be in midfield

2 Likes

Played mostly RB last year.

Didnā€™t he take Scott Twine on loan at Newport from Swindon? Look how he turned out last season.

The Cambridge fans are surprised he has been loaned out, so he seems to have promise.

We canā€™t compare ourselves to Cambridge at the moment - theyā€™re much better than we are and have a sound squad for League 1. Watching them at the back end of this season when they played Wigan, they had some very good players.

1 Like

Foulkes might be out on loan, and Mayo/White both gone - we donā€™t know. I donā€™t think Flynn is silly enough to have 4 right backs in the squad - or at least that many that can play there :joy:

1 Like

Not sure why Mayo would be part of that conversation, we need the centre halves if we are playing three at the back. And Iā€™ll be disappointed if were not giving Foulkes a chance this season just to bring this lad in on loan.

Flynn made it very clear that he didnā€™t fancy Rodney , Iā€™d expect Mayo to follow.

Yes, Flynn has a good eye for a loan deal.

He took Pring, Nurse, Twine, Semenyo, Bakinson all on their first loans and theyā€™re now playing regular League 1/Championship football

2 Likes

Maybe, Iā€™m saying heā€™s irrelevant to whether this is a good signing or not.