M Flynn

Spot on. The output from the whole team contributing to the goals for column has to improve. I’ve said earlier in the thread my only real criticism of Micky Flynn is think the balance of the side is wrong, we shouldn’t need two holding midfielders with a back 3 behind and two defence minded wing backs, it essentially gives us 7 defensive players and three forward/attacking players. We either need to push the wing backs further forward into essentially wingers or free up an extra slot in the midfield for a more attack minded player.

1 Like

Harry smith from Orient and Scott Quigley may be available both command a fee though be ideal for hoofball.

Don’t know about experience, Kinsella and Comley have around 350 league appearances plus international games.

Abraham inconsistent lol. There is nothing inconsistent about being consistently crap

1 Like

Flynn tried to sign Harry Smith for Newport. Would be a good partner for Johnson.

1 Like

As long as Williams and DJ stay fit they shouldn’t need to be much more than options off the bench and Knowles can play up there too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we were trying for another striker on loan till January but I think we need to work on the players we left have that MF already identified and signed, I don’t think it’s right to write them off in August and having 6 strikers on the wage bill is pushing our budget to the limits.

Abraham and Douglas James will be on peanuts I would have thought. Stoke may have given him for free. I certainly hope we havent paid alot for that loan.

1 Like

Far too early for this thread :man_facepalming:t2:

My biggest concern is that our two best players currently are both on loan.

3 Likes

I said at the time loaning out Mayo left us drastically short for at three at the back formation.

Last week we had to change formation because Daniels went off and conceded almost immediately after we went to a 4 :man_shrugging:

Incorrect. Other players could have easily slotted into the 3 to prevent the formation change

It’s factually correct :joy: we conceded immediately after switching formation.

Found the post:

1 Like

I don’t see anyone calling for the sack but I think these threads are useful to at least act as record so that issues being identified early in the season can be monitored to then see if they are sorted as the season progresses. There is nothing wrong with a little healthy criticism.

I don’t think this division is particularly good and I will class the season as a failure if we can’t scrape 7th position in the league.

UP THE SADDLERS

1 Like

You said we had to change formation. We did not. No need at all. So incorrect I’m afraid

We didn’t change formation because of Daniels going off, we changed formation when Earing went off.

1 Like

Doubly misunderstood

A. We changed formation when Earing went off

B. No need to change formation

Clearly Flynn thought we had too. Otherwise he wouldn’t have :joy:

Bad management. No need to change to a back 4

We did.

With Daniels on, we had 3 (or 5) at the back - Bennett was RWB , back 3 of Daniels, Clarke, Monthe and Allen was LWB.

Immediately after Daniels went off for White we went to a back 4 of White at RB , Clarke and Monthe in the middle and Bennett at LB with Allen pushed further forward.

It was after Earing went off … but it was forced because White was floundering coming on for Daniels. Because he’s not a centre back but is our only cover :man_shrugging:

Either way, the decision to loan out our only fit centre back cover looks worse all the time.

Surely the lad who did his shoulder in is ready to return any time now?