Macclesfield Situation

…you only had to look at Cook :beer:

3 Likes

If it does go ahead we should paste them.

My money is on a postponement. Players haven’t made a statement since last week, my guess is they’ve been giving it a few working days to see if they get paid by Macc, EFL or PFA. Expect a statement from them Thursday, like it was last week I think.

Real shame with it being our Christmas Toy Collection, and not to mention the Pukka Pie contest. And with Crewe demanding any replay doesn’t include players banned for the original, is there an argument to say any new January signings, of either team, wouldn’t be eligible for a re-arranged fixture either? #askbolton #messybusiness

I think the Sealey takeover talk gives it a better chance.

If there is a decent prospect of him taking over then it means that the players may see wages on the horizon and won’t want to jeopardise their league/job status by risking (further??) points deduction.

Everything I read yesterday suggested that the takeover has legs.

2 Likes

I just read similar, all positive noise, but can a takeover really be done in a week? Didn’t our own Chairman say six months was quick to complete a purchase?

Often the problem with these mid-season, crisis averting takeovers, is that they simply lead to another crisis further down the line when the true extent of the original crisis becomes apparent, which is exactly what happened at Bury. If a business is reported as losing 10k a week, which Macc is supposedly, you can bet anything you like that will just be the skin on the pudding. 10k a week? Do me a favour, the club hasn’t even got a commecial manager, and therefore no income off the field income stream! A decent commercial manager could come in and plug a 10k a week hole, the hole will be a lot bigger than that for sure.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1204689237901266944?s=20

1 Like

The Macc Lads docked 10 points, 4 of them suspended, for their misdemeanours thus far.

We’re up to 16th.

https://twitter.com/efl/status/1207743379058176000?s=21

Docked six points, with a further 4 points suspended.

Ignore my last thread post on this subject - I’d forgotten there was already a Macc thread etc​:face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes:

I knew this ethos as a well run club would be to our advantage, in another 20 years every club that has done wrong and gets points docked will push us into the prem :smiley: he’s a sneaky fucker that bonzo :rofl: slowly slowly catche monkey

9 Likes

Did not realize that Macclesfield were founded in 1874 so must be one of the oldest surviving clubs left

That seems about right , but will Bolton Wanderers now be looked at again , on the face of it Bolton seem to have got off very lightly

4 Likes

Not fair is it ! FA act like Billy Big ■■■■■■■■ with the small clubs and serial offenders like Bolton survive virtually unscathed. In an ideal World each team would be dealt with identically but it aint ever going to be that way.

2 Likes

I can’t understand how the FA were not bought to task for letting them off so lightly to be honest? how come more pressure wasn’t put on them? and who are they answerable to?

1 Like

It’s got mothing to do with the FA.
It’s the reponsibility of the EFL to deal with this sort of thing.
They set up an independent inquiry to deal with the Bolton fiasco and then didn’t like the result so they appealed against the decision.

3 Likes

Makes you wonder if Bolton weren’t in a position to hire better lawyers than Macc could.

Not finished yet by the looks.

1 Like

Is our game on tomorrow heard rumours of water logged pitches apparently they’ve had a lot of rain??

Still no word of the clubs with side!

My pal down there sad its been its not overly bad so hopeful

Club might issue a statement later hopefully

1 Like