Macclesfield Situation

Crewe are quite rightly asking to be awarded the points. What a mess for the fans, apparently Crewe had sold 1200 tickets. I would imagine if the situation goes on as it is up to Christmas that will be that, but then you never know with the people running the EFL. Bolton have got away with one big style with their suspended points deduction, and the fact that their game v Doncaster will apparently be played at some point, crazy.

1 Like

Bolton have been treated with kid gloves, and the league have set an awful precedent.

2 Likes

This will be allowed to drag on, Macc will eventually be bought out, then start next season with -12. Bury were only really allowed to die because of there bizarre, and fairly unique, debt circumstances.

Should be automatic 3 points to opposition for failing to fulfil a fixture, unless extenuating circumstances (death of player etc)

1 Like

I know i said it before but there is nobody really mentioning it. Very disrespectful to Macc Town. i do not think it will end well. This game is ruined at the top level-FAR TOO MUCH MONEY. Then Clubs are going to go bust in the lower leagues.

The big difference between Macclesfield and Bury is , Bury cheated chasing the big dream, Macclesfield are cheating by simply trying to survive. Bury crime may seem far worse than Macclesfields [and in IMO is] , but if Macclesfield had not given Campbell the big contract last season they may not have survived and Notts County the original Football League club would still be playing in the league today.

Campbell had a contract and is entitled to his money, whether we like him as a person or not , he did the job he was paid to do and on the face of it, did it very well. There are probably other legal reasons which force Campbell’s hand in a situation like this and it may not be that he actively supports the action but has to simply maintain some sort of preferred creditor ranking that he may have established and so has to be a party to the action.

6 Likes

According to the O/S the club have contacted the EFL and the message is the game is going ahead.

Not getting my hopes up too much on that statement. I guess the EFL are saying it’s standard procedure that the games are on unless told otherwise, which they haven’t been told yet.

Think the last line was telling that they’ll update if any more developments.
I don’t expect the game on.

It was called off last week cause they hadn’t trained through non payment of wages, so I can’t see them training this week, if wages not been paid up and then today there as been a takeover pending due diligence being proved that could take weeks if approved.

Due diligence , probably about 2 minutes !

A bloke I work with lives near Sandbach and says he regularly sees Macc training on the local club’s 3G pitches. He didn’t see them there last week and was curious as to why - until he read about their game at Crewe being called off and put 2 and 2 together.

He says he didn’t see them there yesterday either - and Monday is one usually one of their days …

Have not read much about the situation - were Crewe awarded the victory last week, or was it merely “postponed”?

Postponed as Crewe haven’t pressed for the points to be awarded as they originally threatened, BUT they are asking for restrictions on who Macc can field in the rearranged game (2 players would have been suspended on Saturday - and the January window is not very far away …)

On the takeover front, looks like it’s Les Sealey’s son who is one of the parties who have put a bid in. Will a bidding war make it more or less likely to be resolved before Saturday? Or even one or more of them to sub the players’ wages as a goodwill gesture?

When is the latest will we know if the game is on ??

about 2:45 on Saturday afternoon.

At least we can stay in the pub then

1 Like

Surely WFC will need more notice than that. They will need to know by Friday afternoon at the latest whether to order the seven pies they always get in for a Home game.

6 Likes

They probably need to start cooking the balti pies by then !

The one I had was cooked on the Wednesday judging by how hard it was worst pie I’ve ever eaten it would have knocked you out if I’d have thrown it.

7 Likes

Is that the supporters or the players …

4 Likes

Some of them might play a bit better tanked up you might be onto something here.

2 Likes