Macclesfield Town (H) 14th Dec, 3pm

My thinking too. They’ve had a couple of creditable draws in the League while this has been going on, but lack of training will surely catch up with you in the end.

1 Like

3-0 win.Crowd of 4077 including 302 away fans.

Don’t get why they have trained this week to last, still not been paid so don’t get it, why would you go to work if you ain’t being paid, what’s so different this week or was it they dain’t fancy it last week

I’d suspect it’s something to do with being told a takeover is getting closer, that they will be paid then and the last thing they want to do is jeopardize it by getting the club a points deduction and or hefty fine

1 Like

Can we assume, since it’s got to this stage with no announcement, that the game should go ahead? Last week, it was clearly called off on the Thursday.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-release-youngster-and-he-s-already-had-walsall-trial-1-9172904

What’s this all about anybody know?

1 Like

Just been on their forum , doesn’t sound like they know .
Still going on about Joe Sealey taking over but nothing about the game since Tuesday , strange

Their loss is our gain, lets hope other clubs have no places for their gifted youngsters :smiley:

1 Like

There was a trialist listed in the starting line-up for the reserves against Doncaster on Tuesday (alongside Zak “why is he not starting for the1st team” Jules).

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1204375013794746370?s=20

So are we assuming this trialist was this lad??and as for Jules I couldn’t agree more I thought he was playing well and looked a competent defender last time I seen him plus he sparked up a bit of a partnership with McDonald on the left at one point what happened to that??

He’s been on loan at Bognor Regis played about 6 games for them and 1 in the EFL trophy against Norwich U 21’s when he scored.

1 Like

Thinking of us being expected to beat them because they are not doing much training, think about when we played Darlington, they are only part timers and we only just about beat them.

3 Likes

At times this season we may have been better not training

1 Like

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/11.12.19-played-for-both-walsall/

26 apparently. Many more than I’d have thought.

Steve Waddington signed for £40000 in 1978.

Them WAS the days

Might have been with the Buckley money. Think we signed Mcdonagh on the same day. But we were relatively well off then.

Chris Shuker played for Walsall, he skipped my memory.

My memory is that we signed them both very early in the season, and that we were looking forward to Waddington supplying crosses to the highly rated (no, seriously) Roy McDonough and The Buck finishing what they created. But I might be mis-remembering. The Buckley money might have been spent on David Syrett? Not sure exactly when he signed. And of course we spent some of the Buckley money on Buckley. :grinning:

1-0 to the Super Saddlers continuing our fine recent run.

Art: 4,409