Macclesfield Town (H) EFL Cup 2nd round, Tues Aug 28th 7.45pm

meet you in the bar :+1:

1 Like

Regroup and go again Saturday. UTS

Probably does show there needs to be a couple of signings in next few days. 4 changes or thereabouts and go out to the team bottom of league 2 so this could be a problem when injuries/suspensions occur.

4 Likes

Looking at the team and the fact Cook hasn’t scored 2 in a row, penalties werent favoured. SkySports reporting all four of the missed were saved so fair play fo their keeper if so.

Still worries me the fact we can’t seem to last the distance and concede late goals far to often!

1 Like

which one?

Not the little sweaty one down stair’s :joy:

1 Like

Never great to lose to a team below but we battered them with 5-6 second choice players so hey ho. Defence still a concern though. Looking forward to Blackpool.

Will say this, those Wrexham fans that told us we’d die of boredom under Keates sure were right, hey!

2 Likes

Meh , move onto Saturday.

1 Like

What do those sheep fiddler’s know eh ? :joy:

stadium suite it is then :+1:

1 Like

Bollox. Just bollox. :rage:

I know it’s disappointing and every one wanted a good cup run and looked forward to a mouth watering draw against one of the big gun’s but i would be so much more excited about a promotion scrap :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Never mind.

No need to get too downhearted given our league start.

Just hope the first eleven are fit for Saturday and we have the requisite two goal lead going into the final few minutes.

Oh and Ismail on pens. You can tell Cookie. He’ll be fine with it.

2 Likes

Rubbish cup. Not that fussed.

I would hope Deano sort’s the penalty taker’s out properly now and get’s them doing some practice

1 Like

would have been nice to have progressed just for the monetary value.

1 Like

Now now you wouldn’t of said that if we’d of won :joy:
Knee jerk reaction off everyone to be so disappointed , but forget it now and make sure we hammer the Pool on saturday :metal:

Get the beer in Scott

Money ain’t great in this one unless you draw a big gate somewhere. No prize money until semis. In fact, whisper it quietly, but if it was about money you’d concentrate on the checkatrade.

2 Likes

Not a terrible performance, but we’d be a lot more useful if we could get crosses and corners beyond the first man.

Have to say Kinsella was excellent, though. He would, for me, be ahead of Chambers in the pecking order.

1 Like