Meeting with Leigh, Stef, Dan & Darrell

With 2 metres between people presumably the queues for pints, food ( & chips?) etc will stretch halfway around the ground.

One of the things that BloJo will announce, not Sunday but in the near future, will be collapsing the 2m distance in most situations. Outdoors, this may well be valid so even our pitiful attendance should be ok in the future. Obviously, when I return to work as a teacher, I’d value this in an enclosed environment which will have a miniscule air flow.

So an improvement on the usual then. :rofl:

4 Likes

LP mentioned that not all clubs have had such good support. Interesting thread on the Bristol Rovers forum re season tickets where fans are asking for partial refunds and are seeking assurances before purchasing new STs. Cant recall one fan on here asking about refunds.

11 Likes

No change there then…:grinning:

1 Like

We see it as a blessing not having to sit through it all again.

9 Likes

Interesting, I was wondering how other Clubs were doing with sales of Season Tickets.

If this had happened 12 months ago I think I would have been asking for a refund, and I wouldn’t have renewed for the following season.
I’m much more supportive of the Club now, rather than just supporting the team. Bonser out, Pomlett in has changed my attitude to WFC.

5 Likes

Agree with that. Would have been very different if Bosner was still about.

But families will be able to sit together and as the virus does not spread outside as it does inside I think you are being a little too pessimistic. It was interesting that yesterday in giving evidence to a HoC Committee one of the scientists said that transmissions within the general population had almost disappeared leaving most of the infections in hospitals and in care homes. If that trend continues and with testing being ramped up we may yet see some football in the Summer.

1 Like

League One and League Two season return 'extremely unlikely', says Gary Neville | Football News | Sky Sports. Just seen this, not sure if there is anything in it.

very informative discussion between the Rick Parry of the EFL and the parliamentary comittee on ending the season and any changes.
https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/0f28f808-e859-4ed1-a17b-e0484cf25b69

I think in September you’ll be allowed to use 8 seats out of 32.
OO XX OO XX
XX XX XX XX
OO XX OO XX
XX XX XX XX
where O is an available seat.
So that will approx 3,000 for us.
No away supporters, so home fans spread throughout the ground. Introduce a few more pop up kiosks and you have something which is workable but not ideal.

It will work for us but not for larger clubs because it’s about social distancing outside the ground as well. As said in the video, things can work in the EFL2 that won’t work in the Premiership or Championship.

Face masks
All ticket
No away supporters
Add to that live match coverage on ifollow

and we have a start. But it all is subject to player safety.

1 Like

Cant wait for that. You might be right but I pray you are wrong.

So no distancing then ?

Only use alternate rows and leave a gap of 2 seats between each 2. I’m assuming people will most likely come with someone else. If we’re all still self isolating in September then the UK will be completely broke and the EFL will be closed.

1 Like

Germany says 1.5 metres is sufficient for social distancing and a lot of people have praised their approach so lets try that at the stadium. I agree entirely with your last sentence.

Mask wearing is to protect others not yourself. It stops projection of particles if you sneeze, cough etc. On that basis it seems reasonable to expect social distancing measures to be reduced if mask wearing become compulsory outside the home. That will surely benefit football, so let’s hope, but obviously safely must be priority.

1 Like

There will be no fans in stadiums for at least another 12 months.

There is no possible way to guarantee safety other than finding a vaccine.

1 Like

Well in that case the EFL is finished. A vaccine isn’t a certainty.

1 Like

Not sure that the EFL would be finished, but unless fan safety can be guaranteed stadiums will remain empty.