Meeting with Leigh, Stef, Dan & Darrell

I assume that too. I’m still not sure why people expect it to be addressed. Clearly you are not surprised by this. Neither am I.

So what’s the update? You already know the answer to where your cash is going and he’s already told you he can’t do anything about that at the minute, I’d imagine Covid has made that even less likely. Your money goes to Walsall FC. Not sure how you can possibly have the knowledge to assume those two things aren’t mutually exclusive. It will keep it running and unfortunately that includes a rental agreement that we can do nothing about at the moment. Simple as really.

1 Like

Thanks SG…I am ok at the minute.It is just the thought of this thing going on and on which frustrates me. The PM’s statement last night helped a little but we will need to see what happens at the start of June.

1 Like

@Cully

If the club goes bust and cant pay the rent - can Bonser chuck us out of the Bescot and do what he likes with the stadium site?

The [parasite/Bonser] will extract the last drop of [blood/rent payments] and kill the [host/club]

rather than [stop/reduce] the [blood sucking/rent] and allow the [host/club] to thrive

There’s caveats on the site so it’s got to be sports-related. Can’t see the council bending over to help Bonser get out of that either.

Personally I cannot believe that JB hasn’t given us a rent “holiday”. He would not wish to see the Club fold and after all he was always a fan. He is a very private person and probably doesn’t want LP to reveal the true nature of his benevolence until the accounts come out.You will all have to a bit more patient my friends.

Sorry, I just spat my coffee out when you mentioned “benevolence” in regards to Uncle Jeff! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Sorry about that…I didn’t think of the Health and Safety implications of my little bit of irony!!!

2 Likes

Anyone know what’s happened with the update meeting they were supposed to be having yesterday and making available to fans this morning? Still nothing on OS, Twitter or YouTube channel …

They tweeted that they were having WiFi problems uploading the video, but it should be online in the next 24 hours

Strange it’s not on their Twitter page (I refuse to get sucked in and use the app itself or get an account - ditto Facebook and all the other spy-in-your-pocket-ware).

It’s on Tom Heslop’s page https://twitter.com/heslop96/status/1268202796983222273?s=21

1 Like

And now on line: https://youtu.be/MrNF7_ged4U

1 Like

“I do not want too be in league 2 at the end of next season whatever”

Clubs being run well and all plans and ideas are moving along too allow DC some funds too help that idea id imagine.

Goto say whatever the outcome we are a lot better off than some clubs coming out of this and with LP at the helm a reckon we should be up there

Interesting comment too about having a good number of players on contract compared to a lot of clubs!

Looks like we are still a well run club then :grin: :wink:

What a reassuring interview. Thank God Leigh is running the club during this crisis.

1 Like

Did he mention the rent?

LP saying the right things as always - every time he does one of his interviews it makes me realise why I support this club

Can’t help but wonder what position we’d be in if Jeff was still in charge during these times - thank God we have LP

1 Like

No but he did say all stakeholders are playing their part!! I wonder…