L 5-0 vs Milton Keynes Dons (A) - League Two - Fri 29th March, 3pm

Milton Keynes Dons vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Milton Keynes Dons Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

Need to win this one if we are going for 7th place.

1 Like

Looking forward to this one, not sure why but I fancy a win in front of 1400 or more Saddlers.

1 Like

And so it was written… cheers @Gavin77 :rofl::rofl:

I think we will lose this I regret to say. Probably only a goal in it…1-2 .Having said that we do need something from the game if we have ambitions to get into the play offs.

1 Like

Latest away ticket sales:

Will be over 1500 saddlers at Mk on friday then by the looks of it .

2 Likes

Have a feeling there will be plenty of goals in this one.

Would take a point and a win against Salford mind! :crossed_fingers:

Brought my tickets last night, absolutely can’t wait. Looking forward to seeing what we look like now.

In terms of the game, I’d take a point right now if offered it, with more winnable games on the horizon. Lose and slip to 6 points off and Play Offs begin to look like a tall order.

9 Likes

Looking forward to this one, hopefully the fans will drag the team over the line and create a day to remember.
UTS

Good to see you back.

4 Likes

Can’t wait, and an exciting game to get back for. I can’t quite believe we are in a play off scrap, and already nervous and excited.

5 Likes

My first away game in a long time, looking forward to this one, even more so after watching them get thumped 5-0 on the telly.

As long as we can stop them scoring early i think we can win this one. Hopefully a couple of weeks off gets rid of a few heavy looking legs from recently.

2 Likes

An incredibly tough start to our Easter program and we will have to be at or very close to our best to get anything from it but with a bumper away audience roaring the boys on I back us to do just that. Can’t wait to see the looks on the MK Dons fans faces when they see how many Walsall spectators are at the game.

I posted the below on another thread but with so many Saddlers travelling worth putting on here too:

Away supporters are normally located in the upper tier of the stadium in the North East Corner, where around 3,000 spectators can be accommodated. If demand requires it then the North Stand upper tier behind the goal can also be allocated as well as the lower tier. This generous allocation has led to some huge away followings at Stadium MK in recent years, which has led to some memorable away days. For example, in January 2018 Coventry City had more than 6,000 fans in attendance, and on another memorable day Leyton Orient took in excess of 2,000 spectators. On the further plus side, the stadium is a high quality one i.e. it has not been built on the cheap. So the facilities are first class and worth the admission price alone. The stadium also has such creature comforts as big ‘Cinema Style’ comfy seats and the ability to continue to watch the game in progress, whilst eating a burger or smashed avocado on the concourse. The view of the playing action and legroom are both good and the atmosphere is often electric. The concourses are spacious and offer a good range of food. Like several new stadiums though, its main drawback is location, It is located adjacent to the A5, but well away from the centre of Milton Keynes, so there is little on offer in the way of pubs. Very nearby though are KFC & McDonald’s outlets, plus recently opened behind the North Stand, is an Odeon Cinema that also has several eating places out front. The stadium also has electronic turnstiles, so no paying at the gate here. Instead, you gain entrance by putting your tickets into a barcode reader to gain entrance which often causes some confusion amongst more primitive away followings…

‘Big Al’ aka Alan Burgess, a visiting Sheffield Wednesday fan adds; ‘the seating is marvellous both for comfort and leg room, the concourses very impressive and the sight lines fantastic. The food was the standard football ground offering but at least the serving areas were plentiful and well organised; there wasn’t a bad atmosphere either from a crowd of 6,500 (though the PA system is deafening) and I can’t end without a tribute to the bogs – separate, wide entrances and exits, plenty of space, soap and hot running water – luxury!. A cut above almost all of the modern football stadiums. James Brook informs me; ‘Away fans can buy tickets on the day by gates 3 and 4. All fans are searched on entering the stadium and flags are not allowed in unless they come with their fire certificate! Official matchday magazines are bought outside the stadium.’ Food available on the concourse includes a selection of world famous Ginsters pastries; Cheese (and Onion) Pasties, Peppered Steak Pies, Chicken & Mushroom Pies and large Sausage Rolls (all £4.80). Also on offer are; Smashed Avocado on Sourdough (£5.80) and “Mom’s Fabulous Hot Dogs” (£5.80).

In keeping with the infamous concrete cows of Milton Keynes, the Club has a mascot called Mooie, whilst the South Stand is called the ‘cowshed’. No wonder that the locals have christened the stadium ‘The MooCamp!’

Pubs for away fans

Unfortunately, the choice of drinking establishments for away fans near the ground has become limited. Both the Red Dot bar, attached to the Hilton Doubletree Hotel, at the stadium itself and the nearest pub; the ‘Inn on the Lake’ (previously called the Beacon), both no longer admit visiting supporters due to unruly and boisterous behaviour. If you are looking for something to eat as well as a drink, then on the Retail Park surrounding the stadium there is a fabulous choice of chain restaurants such as Nando’s, Frankie & Benny’s, TGI Friday and Pizza Express.

If arriving at Bletchley Railway Station then nearby, are the Park Inn and Bletchley Working Mens Club (Saturdays only, see advert below). Just turn left out of the station entrance, then left along the main road. After passing under a railway bridge, you will see both these venues on the right-hand side. Please note though it is then a good 35-40 minute walk to the stadium. Also in central Bletchley is the Postal Club on Brooklands which welcomes away fans and has Sky and BT Sports (see advert below). Peter Wood a visiting Doncaster Rovers supporter adds; ‘We had a lovely meal in the the best Wetherspoons I’ve ever frequented called “Captain Ridleys Shooting Party” which was the cover name for the MI5 people who visited Bletchley Park and decided it was ideal to be the home for the code-breakers during the war – there`s some interesting stuff in the pub about it. To get there turn left out of Bletchley Station – follow the path then turn left after steps. Cross the road and walk past the Brunel Centre onto Queensway. Continue along the Queensway and you will reach the pub on your left. Afterwards, if you continue along the Queensway you will reach Fenny Stratford where there are several pubs (see below)’.

The Postal Club Bletchley

Bletchley Postal Club

The Postal Club, Family Friendly and located just a 5-minute walk from Bletchley Railway Station and only a 20-minute walk to the MK Dons Stadium. We welcome Fans and show both BT & Sky Sports, with free Pool tables & Darts. The Club has ample free parking outside & can accommodate Coaches, once inside you will find reasonably priced drinks starting at £4.60 for a pint of premium lager. Although the Club doesn’t offer food, Fans are welcome to bring in their food & there are plenty of eating places just outside. For further information please call 07584 055199 The address of the Club is: Brooklands Road, Queensway, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2RS. View Location Map.

Bletchley Working Mens Club

Bletchley Working Mens ClubBletchley Working Mens Club is located 500 yards from Bletchley Rail Station, and just over a mile from Stadium MK. On Saturday match days, a comfortable function room is opened for away supporters from 11 am until 3 pm (Please note, it will not be open after the match). There is no entrance fee and families are welcome. Coaches can be accommodated by prior appointment. Please Contact 01908-377344 for further information or visit the: Bletchley Working Mens Club website. View Location Map .

Guy ‘Plummy’ Plumb adds; ‘There is also Fenny Stratford which is located a mile south of the stadium along Watling Street. Fenny has seven pubs within a five-minute walk of each other plus a fish and chip shop and a local hardware store’. Caroline Cecilia Charlesworth a visiting Leicester fan tells me; ‘Many Leicester fans headed to Fenny Stratford, as it is about a 20-minute walk from the ground and seems to be the better bet of all the areas around the ground after speaking to others who went elsewhere. We were loud and proud and caught the train and got off at Fenny Stratford. Right by the station is the ‘The Red Lion’. This is situated in a lovely setting right beside a Canal Lock – nice for those early and end-of-season days out as they have a decent-sized garden and plenty of room to stand around outside.

Mary Martina McConnell a Sheffield United fan informs me; ‘I would recommend the Swan Hotel in Fenny Stratford, it’s on the corner of Watling Street and Simpson Road (this road runs down to the railway station) and has Sky television. The locals were friendly and the landlord most accommodating. It has a large car park that accommodated our supporter’s coach. and apart from the usual fare of drinks, they offered nice fresh salad rolls, which makes a nice change to the usual chips and a burger that’s offered in most places! It’s not often that we find somewhere so nice to away supporters but this place couldn’t have done more, big thumbs up to The Swan Hotel.’ Near to the Swan further along Watling/High Street is the Chequers pub which also offers real ale. To get to these pubs from Fenny Stratford station you need to turn left as you step off the train. Walk down to the level crossing turn right for The Swan Hotel and left for The Red Lion. Both pubs are just a couple of minutes from the level crossing’. Also in Fenny Stratford on Aylesbury Street (further down on the right from the Fenny Fish & Chip shop) is the Maltsters pub, which welcomes visiting supporters.

Alternatively, it may be an idea instead to drink on the way or in Milton Keynes itself. There are several bars located adjacent to the main shopping centre (although many of them do not allow fans to wear colours) or within walking distance of Milton Keynes Central Station. If coming out of the station you go straight up to Midsummer Boulevard in front of you, then after around a minute’s walk, you will find a Wetherspoons outlet located on the left.

Inside the stadium, alcohol is available to away fans, these include; Guinness (520ml Can) or Wine/Mead (187ml Miniature Bottle) – All £6 each.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for @Gavin77 in-depth pre match knowledge to add to this thread rob started
Seems he has loads of time on his hands

Have I got you all excited now .ahhh

1 Like

Yes :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

I would love to give it a go if I’m honest . But on second thoughts with my grammar and punctuation not being great it would just get pulled apart by a certain few on here
Would be great if someone with the time and knowledge who could put it all together effectively like welsh used to do as it’s good to have on the forum.

2 Likes

Really excited for this game too, will be nice to see a few players possibly back from injury, likes of Matt and Farquharson would give us abit more experience in key areas.

Would happily take a point if it meant beating Salford, but after seeing MK get beat 5-0 last week, just shows anything is possible in this league.

1 Like