Mo Faal signs on loan

Happy :smiley:

Good signing and highly rated by many Baggies fans.

I really don’t mind about him being on loan or any other of the loans. That’s the way it is for lots of clubs.
If he fires us into the playoffs and scores the winner at Wembley and then never kicks another ball for us it’s job done.
Let’s worry about life in L1 if and when we get there!

1 Like

Like it. He was Donny’s Draper.

Just need to get that RWB and maybe a central midfielder (Earing cover rather than Hutch or Comley) and I think that’s us done.

If Faal is as good as Draper then it’s possibly a January window where we shall emerge better than we we went into it. Wow.

3 Likes

A lot of salty Doncaster fans in the comments questioning his general attitude, does seem to go a little bit against Sadler’s signing the right “character” if Grant McCann’s comments are to go by as well. I’ll give Sadler the benefit though, funny to see Doncaster fans say how far they’ve fallen that a player would choose us over them.

3 Likes

Fook Doncaster they are wank another team that has had there bubble burst in recent seasons and are now struggling to attract decent players.Hope they enjoy Billy Waters and George Miller missing from 2 yards out.

6 Likes

They do have Caolan Lavery too.

2 Likes

I hate the loan system in its present guise.

Bigger clubs hoard players and use the loan system to keep hoarding them, to the detriment of lower league clubs and as you rightly say, it leave clubs operating from transfer window to transfer window relying on numerous loans.

IMO football league clubs should be limited to 2 loans signings in and 2 loan signings out, maximum 90 days. Force clubs to trim their squads and allow the likes to Faal to filter down to his natural (current) level. If clubs like Walsall nurture him, we should get the benefit of the transfer fee.

6 Likes

More options we have upfront the better.

Welcome Mo

Watching his highlights, he looks very similar to Adebayo.

Scored goals already at this level, so it’s not like we’re bringing in a young player for the sake of it.

Nice signing.

4 Likes

So that’s 2 new strikers we’ve signed up in less than a week. The question is which of them is a direct replacement for Draper and which one for Marv? :thinking: :laughing:

Seriously, my Baggies supporting mate who has seen Draper play for us a couple of times reckons Faal is not as physical as Freddie but is faster and not a bad finisher. Not great at closing down though and “needs to grow into his body a bit more”.

1 Like

Hmm. Barely thought we needed Gordon never mind another.

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/status/1746978057452437903?s=46&t=7YgsYzxIK2lkEhX4XlZcGQ

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere on here yet but here’s a link to his league goals this season. What I really like about it is that he seems to score different types of goals. Headers, tap ins, composed finishes and powerful strikes. I know highlight reels are to be taken with a massive pinch of salt but it does feel like an exciting signing

1 Like

Definitely got an Adebayo look about him in the highlights. Bit of everything. Looks decent :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This is a good signing in my opinion… I do hope DJ remains however. Faal, DJ and Josh Gordon would be the three I would like to see in and around the squad. No disrespect to DJT he has looked much improved recently but a loan also wouldn’t do him much harm in my opinion.

4 Likes

I thought the same he has.

1 Like

Wow, the lads no slouch is he! Could we have yet another outright striker on our books that knows where the net is?
Beginning to think that we stand a chance of Stockport being a temporary blip…

2 Likes

Just watched an Albion reserves game all I can say he’s fast.

1 Like

Something i feel we lack upfront with Oteh out

Really good signing this.

He’s scored a decent amount at Donny and was wondering why yet again this club had missed out on a local young talent but here he is!

Pretty quick and decent at scoring one on ones so this might be the best striker signing in a while.

1 Like

Full season loan next season imo unless West Brom want him in league 1 next year.

That said wouldn’t be a bad strategy if it’s a like Mantom and Sawyers coming in on loan and then joining as permanents at a later date.

Lad is a goalscorer when you look at his record at Flyde so you’d think WBA would want money for him eventually.

2 Likes