More income

Aston Villa Women to pay at Walsall in their first season on the FAWSL. Hope they are paying well. Why are some female teams ladies and some women?

Play and pay :grin:

We’ve managed to negotiate a 12 month extension to the contract for Villa women to play at the Bescot.

Apart from the “select” games that they will play @ Villa Park which probably mean games with potentially higher gates that we will not benefit from at all

They averaged 4,204 last season, I think they will be knocking on 5,000 next season as the game continues to grow and on the back of a successful WC. Plenty of opportunities for revenue for us on top of the flat fee they pay to be able to use our stadium and plenty of games for the watching world which can only help our profile.

We will just have to wait and see which games they select to play at the Bezzla and which ones @ Villa Park, which from the wording of the announcement will be at the behest of the Villains

What do you pay for a women’s villa ticket?
That’s not far of our Walsall attendance! Crazy

I’ve been told that we keep all the hospitality income for AVFC ladies games, plus we get a flat fee for the use of the stadium.
I have no verification of what I have said.

Can anyone else confirm?

1 Like

I think the club should invest in modern advertising hoardings which I understand use something called “Virtual Replacement Technology”. The advertising changes every so often during a game which presumably generates much more income than the traditional fixed hoardings. Not sure if I have got the name of the technology right. Would welcome an explanation from someone with more tech knowledge from me.

1 Like

Makes sense. Normal when hiring a venue.

1 Like

I think, if I remember right, the discussion on electronic advertising came up before and they wouldn’t leave enough room between the sides of the pitch and boards in terms of safety. That would make it quite a big job to fit I reckon.

Thanks for that info. I suppose I think Trivela should look at this as I believe it was one of the reasons why our cup game against `leicester wasn’t chosen for tv. I’m sure it would be a good investment and would reap financial benefit going forward.