Most underrated Walsall player?

Jabo Ibehre…, didn’t score loads but the ball stuck to him

5 Likes

Tony Barras

6 Likes

Tommy Mooney

Eddy Sonko

Great shout. Was a great outlet, especially when under pressure as he’d hold it up and then run with it.

4 Likes

Danny Sonner

Hated him.

2 Likes

Surely your on a wind up with this one :joy:

He was wank the first time, never mind the second

1 Like

As it’s supposed to be players everyone else thought were wank I wouldn’t expect you to say anything else.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Reinvented himself the second time, fake tan and a Alice band. All the gear no idea.

Troy Deeney exposed him for what he was anyway. Absolute garbage. Got up and walked off cause Dickie Dosh called him out on the bus and never played again :joy:

Hector Sam

Didn’t have a great scoring record by any stretch but did a really important job for the team

1 Like

Tony macken in the buck’s 80-81 fourth division promotion side - converted from midfield to right back and was superb

2 Likes

I don’t think Tony Macken was underrated at all, I know a lot of Walsall fans who think of him as their favourite right back, or certainly in the top three or so. He was always excellent, and did well to replace a real fan favourite in Brian Taylor.

Oh, by the way, you were twelve months late for the promotion party. Did you not wonder why nobody else was there? :grin:

1 Like

I’d say Chris Marsh.
Could play in almost any position (including GK)
Wherever he palyed he was Mr Consistent and doesnt get the credit he deserved

1 Like

Screamer at Pompey away when we beat them 2-1 in season we both got promoted from 4th. A very scary day! Think that’s only goal I can remembering him scoring for us, what a place and time to do it!

2 Likes

One of the best at holding the ball up.

Cecere is a good call. Not a headline grabber but got through a lot of work in poor side (but not as poor as the last three seasons one)

3 Likes

In no way the most underrated at all but…always liked Walter Otta…journeyman argentine…grabbed some goals and was different…always remember he used to do a completely different warm up…yoga basically.
Everyone else was doing the usual…he was doing sun salutations and downward dog on the edge of the pitch…scored against Lincoln if i remember rightly…chance I’m wrong though.:sweat_smile:

Eddy Sonko - I loved that guy

1 Like

Good to hear it wasn’t only me that loved watching tony Macken! My personal favourite WFC right back of all time - and we’ve had some good uns. Will blame my mistake on the year on my advancing years! Was our defeat to Newport at home the last game of the season? Can remember how deflated and disappointed I felt at the end of that one!

1 Like