New DoF - Jamie Fullarton

30 years myself, and I still attend 90% of games expecting us to win.

2 Likes

Really happy with this appointment, and very pleased to see that the reaction here has been loads more positive than on socials.

Not too fussed about his managerial record, heā€™s not here for that, but the Spanish academy and experience with Palace are ideal for us.

Things wonā€™t change overnight, but iā€™m really looking forward to the close season to see what kind of people we bring in and what the philosophy will be!

This might have got missed yesterday as the Club tweeted it just before kick off, but hereā€™s a video from Pomlett explaining what Fullertonā€™s role is and how the structure will work moving forward.

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1382028344422768640?s=20

4 Likes

You keep missing the ā€œabout next seasonā€ off your quote. Thatā€™s actually important.

2 Likes

Nice one Leigh.

Again comes across as caring, committed and professional (and clearly relieved).

And he was wearing a tie :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

No oneā€™s winning the league on 69 points.

Everyoneā€™s winning on 69 fnarr, fnarrā€¦

Good grief that was candidly honest. ā€˜Strikes me the board no nothing about footballā€™. Bowled over by that.

Hey weā€™ve said it for last two decades but at least thatā€™s acknowledgement right?

1 Like

Yep rather embarrassing to admit to it :joy::joy:

1 Like

Sod it. Hey he looks happy, mistakes happen and hopefully itā€™s a bright future for us all.

1 Like

Maybe not but throw in a few draws here and there and it would be a top 3 finish and automatic promotion

Surely thereā€™s nothing better than the bloke at the top of an organisation recognising that he and the Board donā€™t actually know it all?

6 Likes

We will get promoted or be very in the mix if four quality league two or just above players are added to this squad in whatever capacity.

If thatā€™s footballing links relinquished, then Leigh and good ole stef need to be bang on marketing this club next season. We need to get the top of the crest of this wave. Fans back, progressive decisions made in novel roles for Walsall fc. The time is now.

He qualified it by saying that none of the board had experience of being players or coaches.

5 Likes

If 7/8 of our draws were wins, weā€™d be knocking around the play offs.

1 Like

Yes there is. Real talk speaks to me personally and it does with Walsall fans. Fair play for the admission. Complete juxtaposition to that tool Clarke. Arrogance-no substance.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t say it wasnā€™t, but it kind of explains why weā€™ve been ā– ā– ā– ā–  for so long.

Was that another swipe at Clarke about ā€œone individual taking the club in a different direction and creating turmoilā€? :sweat_smile:

It really is that simple. If youā€™re going to talk for two years about play offs and top ten budgets then at some point it has to be taken seriously.

1 Like

It really isnā€™t that simple when within 12 months of your purchase you get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  by covid. Plus hes not even been owner for two yearsā€¦

2 Likes