New kit 21/21

WTF has happened to the badge :man_facepalming: I give up.

Interesting. Some sort of green, white red hoop strip?

They took that tattered one down and just put this up, it’s a lot better.

7 Likes

To be brutally honest, I’ve never liked our badge. It was fine back in the early days of our existence, but I don’t see the relevance to today’s society or the town.
Our nickname is “The Saddlers,” not the Swifts, it reflects the town’s importance in leather goods manufacturing (especially saddles), not a very fast bird.
I would like to see a badge reflecting our connection to what the town is famous for - manufacturing saddles and other leather products.
I don’t think the club will ever change the badge, it was just a thought.

3 Likes

You would think they’d done that after reading what was being posted on here .

But should they really need to read how poor the shirt pictures are ffs

3 Likes

3E28234B-42C2-4800-8462-35E8197B1DB9
We had this one for a while in the 1990’s

3 Likes

And we had Billy Bescot instead of Swifty… eurgh.

3 Likes

Yes, with the saddle incorporated

This is my favourite.

2 Likes

Certainly the most successful badge. Coinciding with the promotion years

It was, not too keen on the black in it though.

Not sure if already mentioned but does anyone find it strange we are unveiling the new kit on a Saturday?

3 Likes

I must admit I do like our new badge , its not to busy with different shapes going on inside it with shields and what have you , just plain and simple.

If we are looking for a combination of heritage, tradition and sheer class, then surely there is only one badge to go for?

4 Likes

I’d agree but I think it was a bit of an own goal having gold and black in it personally.

2 Likes

Maybe Oztumer was busy today :smirk::smirk::smirk:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: just find it strange very rare you get anything out the club on a Saturday with regards to anything off the pitch. Why not unveil it today?

4 Likes

Nah I did think the same myself, maybe it’s gonna be ‘ Super Saturday ‘ with the new kits unveiled along with 3 new signings :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Fantastic design. Love the Reuleaux triangle.

It’s either a tea towel or we have just bought some Irish tricolours :laughing:

You can see why we had Billy Bescot ffs … :joy: