New run out song

They would ban it for the words
“Mamma just killed a man put a gun against his head pulled the trigger now he’s dead”
Just like they tried (and failed) to ban the Welsh fans (god bless em) from singing Delilah
the fekin snowflake brigade :rage:

If it’s Mr Brightside I’ll be arriving even later.

3 Likes

not a fan of Starship but I have heard “nothing’s gonna stop us” a few times on the radio recently and have to confess to drifting back to the days of Sir Ray and his never say die team. Walsall’s “vocal” fans seem to like She wore a yellow ribbon and have sung it for many years now. The problem with the recorded versions that have been played at the stadium is that they are in a key which doesn’t lend itself to communal singing, (being in too low a register for anyone to get any oomph going). If a version could be found which allows supporters to sing along and belt it out, then that might work. I agree with those who have suggested Cum on feel the noize. It’s Slade, it’s Black Country, and the spelling is atrocious, ay it.

1 Like

I’m the wrong generation but I think slade are bloody terrible lol

3 Likes

Home in my case. :grin:

7 Likes

One of the games when they first started playing Yellow Ribbon, everyone started clapping along and took over the song into our version of it. Since then no one really takes much notice of it.

I am a sucker for Starship, as you say a throwback to happier times.

One Step Beyond, although it is a song very much related to Walsall F.C, it really doesn’t work as a runout tune.

Chelsea dagger ?

Tunnel walkout needs to be something that fans sing or have adopted. Yellow ribbon walk out to that. Blayne races or Allez Allez oh

Pre game montage
Saw one of these at Burnley and thought wow what a club. Quotes and Speeches from famous managers. Scenes from achievements. Cups of great games. Good music interlaced with terrace songs. Just a sight of The Buck, Jorge Ray Nicholl would be inspiring

Flags and Ground Set up
Arsenal Chelsea United have suspended banners representing achievements players etc think they look good

Accrington pre game have 6 or so large flags I’m talking 12 foot waved by fans - they’re one with their gaffer, few make reference to being the club that wouldn’t die. I think the fans had input in to what they wanted on them. Takes a few strong fans to wave them looks tiring - but again something we could have input in to and they look good

2 Likes

I’m of the right generation and totally agree with you mate :+1:

2 Likes

For me… Starship - Nothings gona stop us!

It was with me all through my youth

4 Likes

With BB being from the Maritime’s it has to be a Gordon Lightfoot number we run out to

1 Like

We’ve said it before, we just need a local band to do a Yellow Ribbon version akin to our terrace version. Adapt the speed and the words - job done.

One Step Beyond is ace but not a walk out tune.

Or maybe walk out to Starship and then have the adapted version of Yellow Ribbon as we kick off.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: absolute rubbish :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure any of this matters until we upgrade the antiquated public address system (Tannoy is a brand).

4 Likes

In the lead up to Sunday’s game, I keep hearing this.

I have to say, I absolutely love it!

Given our ownership and some of our new American followers, why not try this?

2 Likes

A-ha!

1 Like

How about

Crowd simply replace Stingray Stingray by singing Walsall Walsall

Please no, they are shit :wink:

1 Like