New Sponsorship Deal?

That tinpot that they have 900 odd shops, employ 18,000 people and make millions in profit each year … Some would be criticising if it was Harrods on the front.

5 Likes

Also, for those who think this sponsorship will give us more money to sign players…I wouldn’t be so sure. The money will be significant with the shirt/stand/stadium, but I doubt it’ll be be more than they were getting from the combo of Poundland/HomeServe/Banks’s.

Single largest sponsorship deal, yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s buying us players any more than the combo of sponsors did last year

1 Like

Can honestly say I have never been in one (I can say that about a lot of shops though :smile:).

In which case I’m lobbing an arfender

1 Like

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: my response to the other person who said that:

I think el_nombre was talking tinpot in perception, not size/profit

1 Like

Or Lidll/Aldi? :wink:

. . . in what will be the largest commercial partnership in the club’s history.

This is great news, but as a snob I’m having difficulty with the name on the shirt.
As people have said, they are a better sponsor than many and they are from Walsall.
May be I’ll buy a shirt but only wear it on match days.

If it means more money for the club, then it has to be a good deal.
Please tell me I’m right.

2 Likes

I’m definitely getting a shirt, as I do most years.
I also regularly shop at Poundland because they sell some decent stuff that I need at very good prices. The money I save by not being ripped off buying some tat with a fancy label on enables me to have more beer and football money come matchdays - a very appropriate sponsor as far as I’m concerned.

Like others have said, some other teams’ sponsors like the betting companies for example, an industry that ruins lives on an industrial scale, or what about Swindon “imagine cruising?”
Yeah right, I give that a lot of thought as a bog standard bod, living through the biggest cost of living crisis in generations.

Thanks for all the bargains, and thanks for sponsoring Walsall FC :+1: :+1:

And by the way, if this is the biggest sponsorship deal in the club’s history, no more excuses Mr. Pomlett.

21 Likes

I noticed that too. The sponsors logo should start and end in line with the manufacturers logo and club badge but this one is so big it runs well beyond that and looks really odd.

1 Like

Perception is subjective. I too rolled my eyes and made the obvious jokes when Poundland first started sponsoring us but am actually rather pleased that a successful local business is sponsoring the club.

2 Likes

Not really, but come on, even if that were true, nobody is mistaking Poundland for a high end brand, or even mid range brand.

You are absolutely right, if that’s how you feel.

Nobody is a snob for not being impressed, and nobody is a saint for being ok with it.

The thing is, what high end brands are going to be in the market for sponsoring a League Two football club?!

2 Likes

None, but plenty of midrange. We’ve had them. Banks is a mid range beer, I’d love to tell you what Homeserve is but I don’t even know.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why wouldn’t they be??? But just because of the “brand” name a lot of people are being far too negative about saying they will not buy or wear the new shirts next season. NEVER BE ASHAMED TO WEAR YOUR CLUB COLOURS!!! WE ARE WALSALL!!!

Surely if we have managed to negotiate the largest commercial sponsorship deal in the Club’s history, especially given current times, then for a change credit needs to be given. Are we meant to accept a lesser deal.just because the name is better???

Having said that i would have to draw the line if was to be Tampax or Durex!!!

2 Likes

Perception most certainly is subjective - some people perceive you to be an antagonistic, cantankerous, juvenile moron. I - on the other hand - couldn’t possibly comment.

5 Likes

Some of the bedwetters on here probably wanted Tena.

6 Likes

I am surprised that a large local successful company want to associate themselves with US :joy:

1 Like

But that’s not subjective. That’s not for me to say one way or the other :man_shrugging:

Giving a shit what that perception is, mind, I can control :+1:

It’s the correlation between us being renowned for penny pinching and the name Poundland that’s the issue I feel.I’ve already had 5 messages congratulating me on my teams new sponsorship deal taking the piss obviously

5 Likes