New Sponsorship Deal?

or Brighton…

at the end of the day its a polyester shirt with some writing on. - as they all are

3 Likes

There’s zero chance you’ll be able to walk into a Poundland and purchase a shirt

1 Like

I’m already get the mick taking out of me :see_no_evil:

Some folks, unfortunately, can’t see past the name irrespective of the good that the company does.
As has been mentioned above, it’s just a word on a shirt. Can’t believe the amount of knicker twisting going on here. If only there was something more pressing to be worried about…

Well done to LP & co. for getting this deal done.

10 Likes

Not according to Poundland director. Poundland managing director Barry Williams insisted Walsall merchandise could find itself on shop shelves soon.

1 Like

As usual, OPB is spot on:

https://twitter.com/onepodbeyond/status/1519350312473083904?s=21&t=GnOPaO6d9D6y9DXtALSF5g

33 Likes

If I was a Poundland shareholder I would be more concerned about how being associated with us could damage their brand :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

At last some common sense…

1 Like

I wouldnt think many of us support WFC to be all mainstream and safe. I havent purchased a replica top for myself for 20 odd years but I will be getting this one ( assuming of course the club manage to procure kit that would fit a ‘Large’ male)

1 Like

If it brings more money into the club, which in turn boost our chances of success then, i’m happy. The name of the stadium is silly though if you ask me.

Regarding the shirts, I never buy one unless they’re discounted at the end of the season, so it makes no odds whether Poundland are on it or not. I think the away shirt is the nicest, just wish it had a collar. The third is rank and the ‘Saddlers’ writing across the home shirt spoils it.

1 Like

Geordie’s posts are far more eloquent than mine!

Excellent business by the club should be applauded. lets be honest people worrying about taking stick off other fans about having the poundland brand on the stadium and shirts it should be water of ducks back we have always been the laughing stock of the Midlands. But i wouldn’t have it any other way.

We are Smallsall from the Poundland Stadium!!!

UTS!

6 Likes

Front and back ?

Knicker Twisting = “I won’t buy it” :joy::joy::joy:

I feel This is about to become an iconic shirt with collectors - maybe even a best seller

I like the fact a local company has took the lot on sponsorship wise

But I also understand the feelings of embarrassment. As a lad growing up
I was the only walsall fan in my year and one of only 5 or 6 in the whole school of a thousand or so. My Scoreline, Ribero, Sky or Swift shirt was often ridiculed as much as the small choice of club … I can take a bit of stick for Poundland I don’t care … but not a good way to appeal to an even more image conscious generation ! They won’t wear this shirt

I’d rather have Poundlands hard earned, honest, grafted for cash than cash from a betting company exploiting vulnerable peoples addictions or some Putin supporting Russian oligarch whose taxes have helped support a barbaric regime.

15 Likes

If they’re on the back too, then you will have Poundland Labadie. About right.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ how crap is that

The stick I’ve had at work

They do all their best to put you off don’t they

Imagine trying to get your kids to wear that

1 Like

:person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

It does look a bit tacky with Poundland splodged across the front of the top,it might have looked better in the a green rectangle shaped box and a little smaller maybe but it is what it is and I’m glad I didn’t get a season ticket now it’s only a quid to get in.

1 Like