Newport County (A) Tue November 24th, 7pm

I remember going there in the 80’s on a Central coach only to be greeted with a piece of cardboard stuck on a wall with the words ‘ match off waterlogged pitch’written in marker pen.

I’m still deciding if I’m masochistic enough to watch this one.

The final of the Great British Bake Off is on at the same time. It might make for better viewing…unless the Saddlers plan to start raisin their game. (So sorry).

1 Like

DCs tactics are mostly half baked anyway…

1 Like

Bake off for me but will get annoyed if Dave wins

1 Like

He’s moved Jules to the left to accommodate Clarke. I mean, I know I said who cares but …

Full line-up against Newport County:-

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Clarke
Jules

Holden
Kinsella
Bates
Osadebe

Scrimshaw
Adebayo

Substitutes:- Rose, Sinclair, Lavery, McDonald, Guthrie, Nolan, White

How can Clarke have the nerve to slate the players when he’s sending them out with bates and kinsella in the middle? Holden out on the wing? Grimshaw and osadebe who aren’t footballers in a month of Sunday’s? :joy::joy: were in for a proper hiding tonight imo

2 Likes

Have paid my tenner on the strength of the news in the E&S that DC has set up a zoom link with @Worsul4eva for advice and encouragement during the game. We will therefore stroll to a 2 nil win.

A new signing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :soccer: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Tonight’s the night where every shot we have gets a deflection & flies into the net.

4-0 to the Super-Soaraway-Saddlers

1 Like

1-1 with us missing a last minute penalty to snatch a celebrated draw from the jaws of victory

Clarke and Dutton come out and announce they are now an item

2 Likes

this the ground Asps infiltrated the dressing room after we lost in the cup. If so we need him again.

The only way Roberts wouldn’t have a save to make is if Rose played instead! :see_no_evil:

Well I’ve just woke up, what a shame I’ll have to buy the game!

2 Likes

You know it makes sense

1 Like

You think we’ll have 4 shots? :joy:

Right then here we go ladies and gentlemen fingers crossed everything crossed!

1 Like

Elsewhere … Morris starts for Tranmere, Ferrier on the bench. Benning starts for Mansfield, Cook on the bench. Andy Butler on the bench for Doncaster…

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m tempted to say “I give up”. Kinsella and Bates again. Clarke shoe horned into the team so there isn’t a proper left back at left back etc…

Maybe we’ll play 4231 with Bates and kinsella behind scrimmy, Holden and osedebe woth adebayo up top. At least that might be a bit more positive! :man_shrugging:

1 Like