Newport County (A) Tue November 24th, 7pm

Is there anybody else that thinks George is due a start alongside Lavery? We haven’t tried that combination, Elijah badly needs a rest and if it goes wrong, Scrimshaw can run around a lot against tiring legs.

We are away against top of the league so we expect nothing, there are no fans to put pressure on him and Flynn won’t know anything about him!

He can’t be any worse (when was our last goal?) and we haven’t won away all season, so I say, give the kid a chance to be a hero!

I wasn’t even going to bother watching this game but was unfortunate to win a free streaming pass, I think EFL like rubbing salt in it :rofl:,Going for 1-1 , bit ambitious I know .

4 Likes

Trust me, you can :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No true my friend. Without the 3-1 win there on 14th December 1974 (I was there ) in the second round of the FA cup, we would not have completed those famous wins over Man Utd and Newcastle

Agree Though that it’s not been so great lately :frowning:

I’ll go for an optimistic 1-1 draw

Aha, didn’t see this post til after I’d posted mine :+1:

1 Like

3-0 defeat, followed by UTS meltdown.

Standard

3-0 loss can’t see anything else. George to get to warm up and watch a finishing masterclass ( by them ) . Holden to play r b

I saw us score 9 goals there in two successive visits in 86 and 87.

Yes, I think the 5-1 was a Friday night (or maybe a tuesday but it was an evening game).

Friday. Somehow got played in the middle of a massive freeze-up. Next year’s 4-2 was Easter Monday. Came back from 2-0 down.

Although I’m far from happy with recent results, I do think we’ve been slightly unlucky too (missed pen, og, hit bar)

I think we will get a bit of fortune back in this game.

1-1

The winter of 85-86 was cold, and dragged on as well.
We were inconsistent that season but scored loads at times, six against Reading, The Gas, Cardiff, seven against PNE, some fours and fives as well.

1 Like

Remember that one well. Managed to combine an easter trip to the mother-in-law’s in Gloucestershire with my only ever trip to Somerton Park (right dump if I remember correctly).

And me ffs lol.

1 Like

3-0 Scrimadine Zidane hat trick.

1 Like
Games won: 23
Games drawn: 16
Games lost: 25

apparently in the 50s, we went 19 games without beating them. we must have rubbish then

2 Likes

Blimey, when we remember such times it just shows how low this club has sunk, hard to imagine this team scoring currently, let alone 4’s 5’s or 6’s!
Following this current team/manager is very unpleasant for us all, when will we ever score again, or indeed when we will ever win again?
However watch us go and win tonight 1-0, then again not holding my breath.

1 Like

Play like we did the first half at Cheltenham for 90 mins 1-1
Play like we did for the second half at Cheltenham for even 45 mins then expect 0-3

2 Likes

For some reason I think we’ll get a draw, but to be honest I just want to 1) Have a go, and 2) see us score a goal.

1 Like

We’ll give them a goal. Scrimshaw scores!
1-2. (To Newport, of course.)