Get us promoted
Get rid of Hayden White
Drain the swamp of a dressing room we have

4 Likes

Don’t forget Gamble mate

1 Like

Darrell Clarke … no seriously

Agree belph it’s a critical moment for the future of Walsall fc

Been far too many of them in the past few years, all of them haven’t been positive moments.

I posted earlier about this time being a big test for Trivela. It has now an even bigger test. I would go for a DoF with a younger coach. I have no preferred candidates . I just want someone who give us some good attacking football.

Problem with any style of football it doesn’t work without goal scorers

1 Like

Sadler’s likely had his mock interview and just needs to pick up a win in the last 3 games to get the job full time.

4 Likes

I agree with some of the comments here, win or lose I just want to be entertained. Unfortunately under Michael Flynn we had neither, very few victories and low quality entertainment. Before the departure of DJ and Liam Bennett I was genuinely optimistic before Christmas that we could mount a serious challenge for the play-offs, so it’s been a bitter pill to swallow to see our demise and end up as mediocre also rans. Whoever takes over as our next manager, please please give us something worth watching and play reasonably entertaining football, that’s all I ask. I can stomach losing football matches if the team have played with some style and have given their best efforts, and above all have tried to entertain the loyal Walsall fans :pray::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I honestly feel like the football side of Walsall FC at the moment is like the NHS. Sure it gets some investment and there will be good employees trying their hardest. I doubt many players or the managers we employ want to fail. I’d probably say the board members don’t want us to fail either but we have just been left to operate with an older style mentality to many newer clubs. I’d argue at times there’s even been investment and managers have been backed to some degree but ultimately it’s a sticking plaster over much bigger wounds.

The next manager we get will most likely fail unless they get some luck and hit lightning in a bottle. What the club really needs is progressive rebuilding from its core. There needs to be new thoughts and methods put in and some will work and some will fail but overall you get better and in time become stronger as a club for it.

The biggest issue is this type of rebuild takes a lot of time and also a large sum of money and can even see you go backwards whilst you rebuild core functions. It’s such a sad state we are where we are but I can’t get excited for a new manager as I believe any chance of success is such a small possibility currently unless we get a large cash injection to speed up these other areas quicker than we could do on a Walsall sized budget.

2 Likes

Tbf I’m saying I don’t care either way. If we have the players to play “proper football”, great. If we have the players to play “direct”, great.

I genuinely couldn’t give a shit as long as we win games.

6 Likes

Two things to say - one positive and one negative:

Negative comment: the more rubbish we appear then the brand of the club decreases and it is harder to attract good players and/or manager.

Positive comment: surely by the law of averages/luck we are due to appoint an absolute superb manager?

UP THE SADDLERS

2 Likes

To be honest I really do not care. Unless the next one is a miracle worker we will follow the same cycle:

1. New Man Comes in, claims love for club and the big job ahead of him.
  2. Ships out 15 players and replaces them 15 bargain basement replacements. Liam Kinsella made captain.
  3. Claims he will need at least 3 transfer windows to put his identity on the squad.
  4. Poor results will be blamed on ‘not his team yet’ and ‘needing to gell’
  5. If by miracle any new signing has worked out they will be sold in January or return to parent club.
  6. AS hopes of play offs fade there will be rumblings from the terraces
  7. Each player will take it in turn to tell the Express & Star hack that ‘we are working on turning it around’ or ‘we owe the fans a result’
  8. Manager will now have lost 3 stone in weight and look a shadow of his former self. Mumbling the same old tat out pre/post match …‘they are tough team, unlucky, injury, bad ref, not taking chances etc etc’
  9. Rumours abound that the manager has lost the dressing room.
  10. Haden White picks up 954th booking of the season.
  11. Manager sacked and we start again !
22 Likes

So would i, and drop him somewhere on the Brecon Beacons without a map :joy: :wink:

9 Likes

Please don’t consider Clarke.
Interesting what Paul Simpson has achieved at Carlisle on a limited budget.
I like Mat Sadler but that model hasn’t worked for us in the past has it.
Out of left field perhaps consider Zigor Aranalde?

They aren’t called that anymore Chunk

3 Likes

They where last week :joy: :wink:

1 Like

To be fair, he is an absolute brycheiniog.

3 Likes

Bannau Brycheiniog. Can’t imagine the SAS calling it that after a full weeks grueling training :smile:

1 Like