Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

Who would you want to be our next manager?
I’d like someone good please!
Someone who doesn’t just sign friends and wants to play proper football
Parkinson? Viveash ? Crowley brothers ?

1 Like

This. This. This.

3 Likes

Karl Robinson for me.

He’s a plonker, but proven at this level and above.

I am sick to death of watching this crap boring brand of football since Smith left.

He plays attack minded football. Gerrim in.

6 Likes

We want a team that can entertain us and play a bit of football

2 Likes

100% Karl Robinson.

2 Likes

As long as we attack and play entertaining football. I want to get off my seat with excitement not fall asleep in it.

2 Likes

Michael Appleton? Leam Richardson?

Steve Coppell, failing that, Jose Dominguez.

13 Likes

Bring Buckley back. He’s only in his 70s.

5 Likes

8 managers in 8 years apparently. Wow.

3 Likes

Is anyone else already looking forward to the Mark Regan fronted new manager press conference? Where everything is supposed to be rosy and there will be a ‘new era’ ?

1 Like

Here we go again. Same old rubbish, right decision again, like last time and the time before that. Let’s have another summer rebuild, let’s have months letting them gel whilst we fall further from the top of League Two, another winless run, another ‘right decision’ sacking and repeat the process.

8 managers in 8 years. Let’s look at who’s been here for the last 8 years of this dreadful downward spiral and make our feelings known that they are a bigger problem than any manager they have sacked.

Leigh Pomlett, Dan Mole, get out of our club if you have a shred of decency about yourselves before you sink us further.

21 Likes

Impossible to call, not knowing what the remit and resources are going to be. If there is money to spend then appoint someone that is trusted to spend it and bring success. If it’s a shoestring job then appoint someone used to working under tight financial constraints.

I think. That the appointment will give a good indication of the ambition of Trivela.

3 Likes

I’d take Karl Robinson all day. Not sure he’d come anywhere near us though. If you look at his last couple of jobs he must’ve been in both for 5+ years and got given time, trust, resources… not sure he’d get that here.

3 Likes

I think it was said last year that Walsall is a managers graveyard.

1 Like

Indicates an appalling record when making critical footballing appointments and/or an environment where managers less talented than Dean Smith simply cannot succeed. Either way, the issue lies with those at the top.

1 Like

PS all the people talking about proper football, that’s what Taylor did and everyone cried it doesn’t work at this level.

I just want to win football matches :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hank Wank for me.

1 Like

When was that? I just have missed that free flowing football under him.

1 Like

I mean, he absolutely did try and build from the back and it was silly because he didn’t have the players to do it. That was what people complained about. I specifically remember a game with sarcastic cheating every time the ball was passed a long the back four, ending in Earing panicking, giving it away instead of playing backwards, and giving away a goal, kick off arm flailing from the people who were crying about that style not 5 minutes before :man_shrugging:

5 Likes