Oldham Athletic (A) Tues Oct 22nd, 7.45pm

Is that realy cruzecampo :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

Had a look at the Oldham team that played on Saturday, didn’t recognise any of their forward players but they have David Wheater at the back who popped up to score a few for Bolton down the years.

Looks like a grim battle between two poor teams and whoever can get their CBs on the end of set pieces will win.

Or 1-1 and on to the Andy Cook reunion.

1 Like

Indeed it is, with 2 glasses of cream Sherry and a white wine… and a free tapa.
Mental prices.

2 Likes

What type of reception do you think Mr Cook will get Saturday I personally think if Josh Gordon had scored 8-10 goals this season he’d have been booed because this hasn’t happened maybe he won’t?

Dangerous that is my god that could end up Lionel :rofl:

1 Like

I have spent the last year on “A PLACE IN THE SUN” website mate, but we just love Tenerife, the only problem is we could get a 3 bed villa with it’s own pool in mainland spain for what we could get a 1 bed in los cris for :face_with_raised_eyebrow:,

Yowd love it down here Chunk

1 Like

Bin lookin at everything from Duquesa to Torrivieja mate, and we could buy tomorra, but the wife isn’t ready yet ? i think she is just scared that i would drink myself to death with the cheap beer :rofl:

1 Like

We are just above the port of Duquesa on the golf course.

1 Like

Will still get abuse I expect.

Some won’t like he moved to another team in this division, others who were at Accrington will probably give him some for the outburst at the end. Minority just seem to boo any old player who comes back (have to say for balance Jason McCarthy got a fantastic reception at Wycombe end of last season).

I wouldn’t boo him tbh. He was signed to score goals and he did in his first proper season playing out of non league. Get the feeling he was a difficult character off the pitch so maybe someone DC didn’t fancy to work with?

He has been missed this season ultimately.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the Quest highlights of the Cheltenham game, much appreciated

Not sure if I can even muster up the energy to watch this one on the laptop :joy:

No wonder you are so happy…lets hope you will be able to raise a glass in triumph this evening!!

This looks like a huge game. Localish for me so I’ll be there paying £22 to watch a couple of theworst teams in the entire football league.

We really need to open up that breathing space and this gives us the opportunity to open up that gap and give ourselves the chance of fulfilling what appears to be our short term aim of limping through until January without becoming too embroiled.

I’ll go 0-0.

153 Saddlers in a crowd of 3,756.

2 Likes

I think tonight could well be the nadir.

I’m really not looking forward to Boundary Park on a cold Tuesday night and I don’t think our players will either.

2-0 defeat in a game where we’re completely out-muscled and out-fought all over the pitch.

3-0, Gordon hat trick, in the style of Stuart Rimmer.
(please check odds, I’m barred at work)

1 Like

Halley’s Comet will come past again before that happens :comet:

1 Like

Pah, they said that at Sunderland 30 years ago.

3 Likes

1-0 win tonight, McDonald.

Hoping to get there but depends on leaving work on time.

With the lack of quality and depth in the squad, what can we change for tonight?

Surely Holden and Liddle can’t start.
We’re OK on the left but lack options on the right.

Is it worth having a punt on Cameron Norman on the right side of midfield?
I know it’s not a great option but it has to be better than Holden or Kinsella on the right.

Roberts
Clarke, Scarr, Sadler, Jules

Norman, Sinclair, Guthrie (or Bates), McDonald

Gaffney, Gordon