On line abuse

And a bit fattist :smile:

3 Likes

Get Phil the Greek fascist and all the Roschilds, Rockafellas, and Walbergs up against a wall. A few clicks of unloaded guns against their heads just to give them a little taste of what they’ve dished out. Then give them a sleeping bag and the directions to the nearest food bank. Queen Lizardbreath the second and all her minions…a lifetime on benefits!

2 Likes

Gone completely over my head mate not up to your usually fantastic posts :wink: but there again i have has a few soco’s and will probably look again tomorrow and understand :smile:

You’re having a laugh, surely. :no_mouth:

First we had the ongoing Whitney personalisation, basically a grotesque witch hunt based largely on his character, his choice of language and how he made you feel. Then Leahy and Devlin, which is an ongoing and incessant tirade against their alleged failings while persistently dismissing their contributions.

Challenges to these accusations are confronted with complete straw fields of why people think they are akin to Roberto Carlos and Sergio Ramos.

Anyone is entitled to a view on individual players, expressed however they wish and based on whatever they choose, but then don’t assert it’s based on anything other than personal and highly subjective emotions.

3 Likes

All i will say is its a damn good job they werent around in the 80s and 90s when stuff was shouted directly at players that was a damn sight worse than anything said on social media.be banned for life these days and kicked out of the ground.

1 Like

From a UTS perspective, keep it legal and read our site rules. If in doubt leave it out. There’s plenty of unregulated forums and Facebook pages to act like a ■■■■, so don’t do it here.

6 Likes

A bit OTT and dare I say ‘snowflake’ like.

I don’t think I’ve ever made any personal anysive remarks other than point out why they were not performing at the level required for a league one side.

You need to separate out critical comments (and yes, often strong criticism) for a team someone supports versus calling someone a ■■■■, and a ■■■■■■ Twitter.

I just think a bit more thick skin is required over comments about performance - personal abuse is wrong, but commenting on the (under)performance of players is not.

Not over the top at all, simply dispassionately differentiating personal subjectivity from objective analysis.

As I’ve said, there’s no crime in cultivating an objection of a player based on any criteria you choose. But when the pretence is that it’s all backed up by considered evidence, then that is vulnerable to critique. I have done so here and also when l responded to your Whitney tirade which I found both overly personal and irrelevant to the main problem.

Neither is this an ‘attack’, snowflake or otherwise on you. Just treat it like an analytical response in a scientific journal.

4 Likes

Ten-penneth.

4 Likes

Good stuff…conclusion excellent.

I don’t throw personal abuse at any of our players, either on social media or at matches. I quite like both Leahy and Devlin: both are better going forward than defending but they haven’t exactly been helped by the guys playing in front of them. They are professional footballers and should be able to take a little criticism, especially when they continue to make the same basic defensive mistakes. After all, it’s only a tiny minority of fans who are abusive, most of us make constructive criticisms which if listened to might actually make them better players.

4 Likes

This isn’t a new complaint but its a growing one which the club as attempted to address before. However as usual its been half hearted, opportunistic and fruitless.
Remember the ‘Walsall FC family’. Remember Whitney’s desire for us to be ‘the 12th man’ (even named in the matchday programme. Remember a previous managers parting shot calling ‘some Walsall fans thick’. They’ve been thinking it for years. At least Keates has the guts to come right out with it.
Personally, as much as I don’t want to see the vile abuse some receive, I do believe, especially in this social media age and considering the time, money and energy we invest in the club, that we are entitled to voice our opinion.

Online abuse is bang out of order.

Having said that, I wish that people on here would stop moaning like a bunch of ■■■■■ and grow a spine ya ■■■■■■■

:smile:

5 Likes

My sentiments also @Belphegor

Nothing but a bunch of ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ who just keep ■■■■■■■ moaning about some ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ whos going to be upset because we’ve called them ■■■■■■■ useless ■■■■■■■ … i don’t know what all the fuss is about … ■■■■■■■ :rofl:

2 Likes

What would be useful, and what I have yet to see, are specific examples of comments which may then be judged accordingly. Without them there is nothing to add beyond criticism being acceptable and abuse not.

Too much money in football breeds all this resentment when results don’t go well. Also that lack of connection between fans and club that has now become a chasm due to well documented way things are run from very top.

3 Likes

Andros Townsend got a bit of it yesterday for not celebrating when he scored.
Quality reply though.
https://twitter.com/PaulLay10/status/1089565219343482881

https://twitter.com/andros_townsend/status/1089616335083110400

1 Like

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has put the struggling League Two club up for sale after two years in charge.

The decision was announced by the club just hours after Hardy [said he was leaving Twitter]following the accidental publication of an “inappropriate photo”.

Anyone got any iffy pics of JB ?

1 Like

They are all iffy with that mullet.

3 Likes

Think I remember seeing one when he was smiling!! Could have been a bit of wind though! Seriously though I’ve never seen a more miserable pair as Bonser and his missus!