On line abuse

Deano is horrified to read on line abuse of players! Is social media the monster it’s made out to be?

Its a double edge sword really. But lets be real some fans are vile to fellow fans online too. Theres a fine line between criticism and abuse though. Its one thing to say that you dont feel someone is good enough but its another to say they are a waste of space and start using profanity etc

4 Likes

You pay your money you have your voice … but I agree some of the abuse for devlin and leahy especially is disgusting.

3 Likes

Does anyone else find the timing of this attack on the clubs fanbase interesting lol?!

Smells fishy if you ask me…

2 Likes

In what way? This is most likely a reaction to both Devlin and leahy giving a little back over the last couple of weeks when the nasty, vitriolic abuse they’ve been given online has been going on for months. Why read something more into it?

As keates says, I don’t see many players on that pitch not giving 100% and that’s all we can ask of them. If, technically, they aren’t good enough, that’s not their fault.

5 Likes

Fully agree SHROPS…why people see the need to abuse anyone let alone our players is beyond me. DK is right about the squad…they may not be the best but they give their best. The abuse the full backs have had is beyond belief as they both give 100% and are not the worst we have had here by any means.

4 Likes

What a load of rubbish.

Personally, I have criticised their performance - but this has nothing to do with their personality.

Hi Luke, Nicky. You’re both crap at defending but seem like nice chaps.

Grow up.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the fans who can’t take it when it’s pointed out what a ■■■■ they are being to another human being calling Deano a snowflake over this.

What I’ve seen is people (correctly) point out the same, repeating mistakes some players have made for 18 months. This defence is rubbish.

Keates is also the first to call out the players at 5pm - more than any manager I can recall in recent memory. So the hypocrisy is obvious.

Strange DK is making comments about the fans… when some new fan groups are being set up to protest and push the board though… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Never seen him call them a useless bunch of ■■■■■ though to be fair.

1 Like

Can you not grasp that there is a difference in being critical and abusive?

4 Likes

Trying to understand your comment.

Can you explain? I’ve literally just said that there are comments about how poor they are defensively… I have hardly seen anything ‘personal’ bar dokes response post celebration and insta posts.

They need to grow up.

Just because that’s the tamest you’ve seen it doesn’t mean that’s the tamest they’ve recieved.

Do you think footballers from most teams receive some sort of criticism?

I deplore anything personal - but come on, all I see is how badly they defend. Doesn’t excuse one instance, but they either need to be a bit more thick skinned, not read or feed the trolls, or learn how to defend.

Yeah probably. Does that make it ok?

Literally just answered that.

I literally don’t get your point then. If it does happen and it’s not okay then … it’s not okay.

I wonder if this was what The Queen was referring to in her speech the other day. Most commentators assumed it was about Brexit, but maybe she was referring to our defence.

2 Likes

Today’s world is complete rubbish. The reason so many fat people walk (or pip stick/mobility scoot their way) around every town centre is because of the crap they eat and the system they exist in because of it.Go to a country village in this land of ours, theyre’s none of it.

We are a fantastic race, turned into a race of morons by the evil that runs our lives.

5 Likes

Bloody hell @geordiesaddler that was a bit deep :wink:

5 Likes