Oxford United (H) 30th Nov, 3pm - FA Cup 2nd Round

Didn’t say we was going to be all over them, I was stating that it’s an attacking line up with 3 strikers, have some common sense, oxford are top of the form charts. what do you expect for us to be all over them?

The Beeb say we’ve had 31%. 2 shots. Shooting accuracy 0% (but we knew that anyway). 0-0. All to play for. Just need someone to score…

If WE think that being 0-0 at home to Oxford is OK…how about Altrincham 0-0 AWAY to Pompey!!!

Common sense really I have enough common sense to know you need the ■■■■■■■ ball to beat somebody :rofl: 27% is a disgrace it’s as simple as that

Trouble is, Pete, it won’t be a goal from a red shirt!!

TBF , we’ve done ok so far , just a bit worrying how they are getting in behind us especially left side , but with only 3 in midfield that’s always likely , our fullbacks need a bit more protection they keep getting isolated 2 v 1 .

Bet365 saying 27% I’m guessing they are more likely to be correct seen as people put there hard earned money on it

27% or 31% it’s still ■■■■ poor

1 Like

0-0 due to a late goal for them cancelled out for what must have been a very marginal offside.

We started brightly enough but haven’t been in their half after the first quarter of an hour. Since all our players are back defending, how come every one of their players has so much time and space on the ball - down both wing, and even in our own box!

We need a change second half - Guthrie on for one of the young and lightweight midfield trio? Or Liddle for a forward?

Thought we were okay first half. Oxford got forward more and had one dodgy one ruled out for offside, and I don’t remember our two shots, but so far we could nick it on the break.

OG then. I don’t care! As long as we win!!!

1 Like

I’m slagging the possession off but it’s right aye it the only stat that matters is the score line I guess

DC will have done his half-time magic!

Come on, it’s the FA Cup. I can dream…

It’s FA cup and this line up is spoil and run - counter attack only. Not a bad strategy against much better opposition with a dodgy defence. Possession stats don’t count for a lot, only the score sheet.

Problem is we are cack and can’t put two passes together when we have chance to go forward.

Kevin Wilson who is commentating for WM reckons DC will get into them at half time.
Said we keep giving the ball away in our own half all the time !

Welcome to our world Kev !

It’s all set up for a break away, an OG, a penalty or a comical error. C’mon you reds!!!

Yeah we are usually worse after Clarke’s half time inspirational team talk!

1 Like

Dan Scarr replaces Rory Gaffney.

Danny Guthrie replaces Alfie Bates.

See young Alfie Bates had a shot on goal…NOT allowed under Clarks’s leadership, so he takes him off.