Parking issues

Did anyone else have a problem parking on the green carpark? We have a carpark season ticket and was told by a steward that it was full and we couldn’t park on there. We were told to go back down the road and drive to the away side. They really should have a system where they reserve spaces for prepaid tickets.

2 Likes

You would of thought they would only sell enough passes for the amount of car parking spaces available wouldn’t you , unless the car park attendants are letting people in without checking their passes …

There is no way to check as it is not done electronically. They should have an electronic system where they have the capacity, minus prepaid tickets, available to sell. As they sell a ticket, deduct it from the total, not really rocket science. It shouldn’t be first come first served in this day and age when you have paid. All they need is a couple of mobiles with a program on for the sellers.

I suspect the prayer people needed car parking space for their gig in the stadium suite and the club held some back for them thus reducing the capacity of the car park for the football regulars.

If that is the case, it is pretty bad form.

2 Likes

It got cancelled I believe

We went in the Hub after the game and left just before 6pm and the car park was almost empty so I assume the prayer meeting either didn’t last very long or barely anyone turned up.

Yep, have a pass there as well and was told the same. Told them not my problem mate, you find me a space, I’ve paid for it and just drove straight up there and parked just on the end of the double yellow lines behind the gate. Wasn’t blocking anyone and you could put another 6 cars there without there being any problem so you could have parked.

Someone else must have told them the same as they came and parked next to me just as I was getting out the car.

I blame God

I was told by one of the stewards there was a fun fair?

Just be careful on those lines. We spoke to a chap in the same situation who parked on them last week and got a £70 ticket from Walsall council. There are signs up saying wardens are now patrolling the area. We did manage to get a space but we shouldn’t be in that situation.

It seems to be the norm.

I think he wear’s Balotelli’s t-shirt!!

After the match I saw some cars in Bescot Crescent which had parking tickets attached.

Was inside the gates to the car park so private land and not enforcable by the council. If outside the gates is different, then yes could be enforeced providing it is an adopted road.

1 Like