Peaceful Protest 12/2/2022

Yeah, easy way of getting around the posting rules :joy:

1 Like

You guys sing exactly what you want.

Just be as loud and proud as possible. And let’s show them the days of taking the piss out of fans are over

If anyone csn knock up a few bedsheet banners even better.

But please guys. Kelp it lawful and peaceful. Let’s not give them any excuse. As to not listen. Or. De cry legitimate protest

4 Likes

I’ll knock up some bedshhet banners tomorrow. If the fans could tell me what they would want on em that would be great

This is the problem though. You say “sing what you want” – but what’s the actual focus of this protest? If everyone makes a bunch of noise about different things, it’s not going to be taken seriously. It needs to be a very clear message, and everyone needs to be in agreement what that message is.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Targeted chants need to be worked out beforehand

How about “we won’t back off”?

We want our freehold back.

And no more empty promises.

Two Ideas bed sheet slogans mate

Ok

Hope there’s enough in attendance to hold the bed sheets up .:wink:

1 Like

Once a chant goes up everyone. Will follow. You can’t. Plan it mate.

Saddler fans are renowned for. Striking up. An appropriate. Chant st exactly the right time

But how about. Sold down the river. We’ve been sold the river

Followed by.

We once owned our home
We once owned our home
We’re Walsall fc we once owned our home

There’s many a saddler chant that chant that can be adapted I’m sure

1 Like

A few ideas.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

“Not a bad week”

“Giving it a right go”

We want our Walsall back

Joe Edwards has written a piece in this evening’s excuse and star about the planned protest on Saturday, respect joe.

3 Likes

“What do we want?”

“Fullarton out. And Pomlett to be truthful. And the SLO sacked. And better sausage rolls. And an explanation why we signed a crocked forward. And Mole and Gamble out. And a fans forum now. And cash used in the stadium”

“When do we want it?”

“Now!”

Yep, i can see it being quite catchy and to the point.

3 Likes

Exactly, this is my point as well. It needs to be clear and to the point.

I’m confused why “We Want Our Freehold Back” is now being brought into it. The club will laugh that off and just say “we’re working on it, it takes time, etc” – and the protest will fall on deaf ears.

I thought it was about wanting answers to specific questions regarding Pomlett, Fullarton, Taylor, etc.

1 Like

Exactly. To be singing “we once owned our home” is a protest about Bonser. He’s gone from the Board and owns no shares so what’s that hoping to achieve?

What do we want ?
Chips!!!
When do we want them?
Every home game!!!

3 Likes

What do you suggest. Then. I’m open to all suggestions.

Years of decline
Sack the board

1 Like

Theres so many issues that need addressing its hard to get your point across in a protest. Think you need to concentrate on the main problem.

Here come the usual suspects trying to pour water on any discontent towards the Club.

@ShropsSaddler @Walker91

Why does everything have to be co-ordinated and synchronised? This is an avenue for people to vent their feelings towards those who have overseen the long term decline of our club. As long as nothing oversteps the mark then people should be able to protest in whatever way they see fit.

10 Likes