Peaceful Protest 12/2/2022

To me every problem stems back to the root cause.
Whivh is the freehold

It’s the very reason we are not tun as a-football club
First and foremost

2 Likes

I appreciate that – I just think it needs to be worked out what the protest is about.

In this specific instance, what do we want answers about? What’s the biggest priority right now? For me, I want more answers about Fullarton – why does Taylor get sacked but Fullarton (seemingly) gets no blame for his decisions? Why are former youth team players’ family members coming out and saying it’s all gone downhill since JF?

I want answers about what’s going on behind the scenes, basically. Not an attack on Fullarton (because I don’t know what the truth is) – I just want Pomlett to take the fans’ concerns about him seriously and address them.

If it’s about protesting the freehold thing again, I just think it’s not worthwhile. A protest is about getting a message across, right? The freehold message is well and truly heard at this point.

Presuming the “audience” is the Directors and that it would be helpful to garner media interest, I suggest something more visual would make more impact than a host of songs on their own. Although a protest will no doubt include songs too, why not start with something that would really make people stop and think.

Fans gathered all holding up a large coloured card and then forming letters to spell out whatever the specific message is (and I think that needs to be simple and clear), would lend itself to a stronger image to be more widely shared. Or, although I would doubt there’d be enough willing to do it at the first event, fans linking arms all the way around the stadium for example.

2 Likes

Of course people can protest in whatever way they see fit, but if you want the club to take it seriously, you’ve got to do it a certain way. Otherwise it’s just making a bunch of noise as a way to let off some steam.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly mate until we stop paying half a million a year to Bonser, things will never change

1 Like

Agreed. So that has nothing directly to do with the players, the doF, the CEO or the COO, and nothing directly to do with the current matchday experience. So keep all of that out of it and focus on the one issue. Your gripe is that Pomlett won’t share the plan or the details. Highlight that, and that alone. It’s a perfectly valid and important issue.

The thing is Pomlett has only got to show us evidence that the plans are in place to runite the freehold for many of the fan base to be content.

It’s not that straightforward though is it? There’s a myriad of problems/issues at Walsall, some which have been present for decades and others that have cropped up recently and keep reoccurring.

What are you expecting, a flow chart with all the issues listed?

Maybe being a bit loud will be more effective.

1 Like

So why not do it? And why not protest about it?

Maybe there is no plans to purchase the freehold just empty promises

Uve just worked that one out lol

Will you be there on sat. ?

If so. will stand side by side with you As will any fan who has the passion to try and make a difference.

But if you have no intention of doing anything. Then.
There’s nothing. Myself or others csn do
Other than respect your opinion to. Not bother

The fact that @ShropsSaddler and @Walker91 are questioning which issue the protest is focusing on shows just how many issues there are and why it is time for fans to protest.

5 Likes

No, being a bit loud will get nowhere unless it’s targeted and sensible.

“F$ck off Fullarton” and “Mole and Gamble out” chants will get nowhere. They are employed by one man, and it’s up to him to performance manage them. I’d suggest that protesting about them will harden his position, as evidenced by recent programme notes.

Likewise, protesting about the matchday experience won’t get anywhere, because they’ve just initiated a new project to address that.

So any protest has to be to the point and relevant. Why are we in the position we’re in, primarily? Because we lost ownership of our main asset and we don’t know what the plan is to address that. Pomlett says he has a plan but appears not to want to divulge it. Protest against that. If journalists ask, tell the story of Bonser and how Pomlett was on the board all those years with him.

Read my last post. I think a protest about the issue you raised is perfectly valid. Protests against a myriad of issues will be swept aside with ease. Concentrate on the point that you raised, the plan for the freehold.

I think the anger should be directed at Pomlett. He

Appinted the Slo
Sactioned a shit January transfer window
Appointed Fullarton
Made Taylor the scapegoat
Plays Russian Roulette with the league status
Gives no detail on the Freehold.
Has clearly slashed the budget.
Didn’t restructure the Board

‘POMLETT YOU’VE RUINED OUR CLUB’ sums it up nicely.

2 Likes

But what do you want him to do? That has to be the focus of any protest.

I dont think it’s about only that. It’s about the gross mismanagement of Pomlett leading us to potentially losing our league status.

POMLETT YOU’VE RUINED OUR CLUB

sums it up nicely

No it dosnt. POMLETT Sactioned all the crazy decisions listed above. We need to express our dissatisfaction with it

1 Like

To be honest, anything I’d want to ask of Pomlett couldn’t really be said in a protest.

So that’s what I’d protest about… I want a Fans Forum ASAP :sweat_smile:

1 Like