Peter Gilman

Bump. An item in the agenda for the AGM on Feb 21 is to re-elect messrs Gilman and Mole.

Gilman has taken everything, and given nothing back. Should any shareholder care to ask a question, one might be ‘Can the chairman please list the benefits provided by Gilman’s presence on the board?’

Followed by ‘As there apparently aren’t any, can you confirm he will be standing down?’

There’s plenty more questions but those would get vetoed as they relate to matters referred to above, when the club managed to lose its home and freehold and certain people and businesses benefitted immensely.

3 Likes

Where does he play?

1 Like

Under the table.

1 Like

Gilman was part of the Denglen Company which supervised the building of the Banks Stadium using the funds from the sale of Fellows Park.There we’re no details of how these funds were spent, the Company going into administration before any Accounts were. filed at Companies House.Denglen also acquired the lease of the land which was later transferred to Bonser’s pension fund !!!

How is this even possible?

There you have it from Chairman Pomlett.

1 Like

It appears Mr Gilman is still involved in property development.

One of GMI Property’s aims is …to provide innovative solutions to enable land owners to realise the value of their assets and to ensure their joint venture partners maximise a return on their investment.

:thinking:

1 Like

Ask Companies House.

Are there any glowing testimonials from Severn Trent Property LTD and an ex-chairman of a lower division football club??

1 Like

Not so sure. I thought the land never left the original owner. Severn Trent Water Authority were supposed to sell it to the club but didn’t. That might have had something to do with their impending privatisation, but proved no subsequent obstacle when they sold to Bonser.

I think, without checking my dossier (the SLO is not the only one), the club paid rent to Denglen in lieu of STWA during the development. That may be the source of confusion?

1 Like

If it is anything like last year’s AGM it will be a formality and over in six minutes…

Gilman I believe lives in the Peak District.
The locals assured me he was a very unpleasant man, upsetting people etc - they did say he had significant wealth mind

1 Like

He does look a bit like the “Considerably richer than yow!” bloke. :thinking:

You would think someone with property expertise would be able to support the renovation of the Saddlers Club project. :thinking:

2 Likes

And yet the club have a philosophy of employing “!THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR THE CLUB” how it must look to have a Knob like that dictating to you?

The blokes allegedly right crook, allegedly gone bust so many times it’s untrue.
Must spend some time watching his back

Pomlett on record: “We sit on the board for a football club, and no one on the board knows anything about football.”

3 Likes

So fudge off and sell it to someone who does :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, but, he meant that when he said it and when he said Gilman had football expertise that was another time and he meant that as well. Basically, everything is true in Pombear world. :joy:

The key word is had, not is having. Even on the official page, there is passage “Peter was a Director and Vice Chairman of Leeds United Football Club from 1980-96 …”. Some would say this expertise is a little bit outdated, and it’s not the wine (generally the older the better), but let’s not be too picky.

2 Likes