Petition to the government

Just barred myself from my local one this week after (yet another) altercation last Saturday night following which I was extremely appalled that I wasn’t barred, and told the duty manager so when I saw him putting the bins out on Monday bless him. Apparently the police were called by the erstwhile horizontal party but they didn’t attend until Sunday morning, which I did find very amusing.

leaving aside the scumbag infested effort at the top of my back lane most spoonies on away trips are cracking in my experience, never been in the Boro one though, so will see how it goes.
Hopefully a nice quiet/sociable experience.

Wetherspoons (“wethies” around here) signal the start of a big sporting day for me.

Breakfast with a pint of Guinness at about 9-30 is a perfect lining for a day of travelling, sport and laughs.

Some times it starts earlier than that. In which case it tends to be a greasy spoon bacon butty and a can of Guinness (just one Guinness) for the train. As @DanG_WFC has suggested elsewhere, the unmistakable sound of the opening of a beer can on a train at 7:30 on a Saturday morning provokes an interesting reaction in your fellow travellers. A mixture of pity (he must have a problem), surprise (really?), disapproval (that’s just wrong) or nodding approval (nice on mate).

On occasion I find myself travelling with hordes of Liverpool or Everton fans. Which is great and very often I get embroiled in fine football chat. More than once I’ve been invited to move on from Guinness to something a bit more, let’s just say, powdery.

6 Likes

One game I went on the Train last season I think it was, can’t remember where now, the lads I went with chosen choice of breakfast was Greggs and 4 cans of Tyskie. Nothing unusual there. I decided to just have a coffee as I knew it was going to be a long day and wanted to still be alive come the night. I can still picture the look of amazement with a touch of disgust thrown in :grinning: The Whetherspoons in Brum is always good for a quick livener before the train, although we did find we were getting so early it wasn’t even open.

Wherever we had been that day, whatever the score, we would have been racing to get the last train back with a great day had by all.I really do miss those days, seems like a lifetime ago now. I wonder if we will ever get them back :frowning:

4 Likes

I have received a survey this morning from the Government as I signed the petition. It is very short and easy to complete. I would hope everyone who signed the petition will do likewise. Its results will be used in the debate and by the DCMS Select Committee when they look at this issue.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest here with regions now moving into the Covid Tiers 2&3, we have no chance of getting back in this side of March.

2 Likes

The BriarRose in Brum is always a great start to an away day It amazes me how early some fans from other parts get there

1 Like

Not watched it yet, but just putting the link up:

Whether this comes to anything who knows?

1 Like

Nice :+1:

welcome to jazz club

1 Like

Hmmm…:sunglasses::v::trumpet:

According to Joe Masi on twitter, fans are going to be allowed back in:

Boris Johnson is expected to announce plans for fans to return to stadiums today. Apparently it will be tier based, 4,000 fans in tier one, 2,000 in tier two, zero in tier three.

Anyone know what tier Walsall is in?

Odds-on Tier 3.

1 Like

They’re talking about reallocating tiers when we come out off lockdown. So won’t necessarily be the same as before. Can only see most places being in higher tiers than previously, but that’ll mean as far as the Govt are concerned they’ve kept their promise not to extend the lockdown, even though tier 3 is basically lockdown.

1 Like

Whole of West Midlands likely to be 3.

Just seen that it’s Thursday for letting us know what areas are which tier.

The tier that Walsall was in prior to the national lockdown was the 2nd tier, according to the Walsall council website.
But that may well change when the new ones are announced.
Interesting to see who would be selected to attend out of our season ticket holders. (We surely have more than 2000)

BBC just said this is a significant change!!! Hardly for football as I’m pretty sure the majority of clubs will be in highest risk areas.

Now on the BEEB:

Latest covid figures for Walsall are 395 per 100000 up to 16th November. Whether you believe in all the political claptrap or not this is what they use and borderline tier 3.