Petition to the government

The Palladium last week Wenger’s book launch apparently 1000s inside there , chanting and singing :thinking:

1 Like

Crowds from Saturday…

FC United, of (the well known covid hot-spot) Manchester - 600
Scarborough Athletic - 600
Stourbridge - 600
Tamworth - 521
Gainsborough Trinity - 594
Warrington Town - 476

:thinking:

1 Like

1 Like

As I posted elsewhere, I went to watch my lad on Saturday morning. Thankfully junior football is still happening despite our local tier 3 status.

The really odd thing is that despite the game taking place in a public park we aren’t allowed to spectate because they are over 16. For under 16 one parent is allowed to spectate.

So by the letter of the guidelines I could walk in the park but as I do so I have to avert my eyes from the football matches taking place within it. I don’t know what constitutes “spectating” and how standing still watching a football match is different to say standing still to look at the flora, fauna and wildlife which is still permitted. I don’t know why we can’t just be told to keep a decent distance from each other without the kind of unenforceable nonsense that we are supposed to abide by.

1 Like

More ludicrous garbage mate none of it makes any sense does it?

1 Like

I think the word “football” just generates all the wrong type of excitement in those who are running the show.

It couldn’t be clearer that firstly they don’t understand that professional football isn’t all like going to Arsenal. And secondly that they just don’t trust us.

Then, whilst I absolutely agree with the point, it is beyond parody for this particular set of Tories to point at football and talk about how a rich sport needs to sort out its wealth distribution.

4 Likes

This what happens when you let the Public Health evangelists take over. The fact is Hancock and most of the government are in panic mode and that is not good for policy making. The decision not to allow a few people to attend COVID secure grounds is a typical example especially given the figures for 7th tier clubs above. Totally illogical and indefensible.
I now see that Vallance is saying that this virus is here forever even if we get a vaccine. I am no scientist but I have being saying that for months!!!
We simply have to move on and find a way of living with this .If we don’t then the poverty we will unleash will take us back decades.

2 Likes

I agree, but it wont take us back decades, it will finish us. What are these lifetimes whilst currently and in the near future morphing from young into slightly older and then middle age supposed to do without the succor of social cohesion generated by interactions, the arts, sport, music, culture, the joys of relationships etc etc etc. Replaced by this utterly misearable joyless ■■■■ we are all currently experiencing? Once one generation has grown up with it how will they escape from it and be able to relate their experience to the generations that come next?? Want football sonny…put tele on…want a girl sonny…get one on your phone app…music= youtube and other crap, frienship = facebook and instagram, shopping = Amazon.

We were already heading down that road but there was always some diversity and the hope/scope for divergence, this nonsense of Covid 19, the Covid 19 agenda, is accelerating the erasing of our society and removing the possibility of that divergence.

1 Like

That’s something that’s a governance issue. We’ve avoid the cohesion issues by and large in NZ. Maybe we’ve stacked up issues for down the road but we have a free society, for now. The way the government have handled the coronavirus outbreak in the UK screams incompetence, and shows they have no desire to even function as a government for the people.

Once again Geordie is spot on ,
we can’t allow our lives ,our kids and future generations to have to live " life" like this.
Sadly even tuning into ifollow has now begun to feel like the new normal , and I personally hate that , I don’t want to be sitting on the sofa watching football .
I and many others want to know for definite with no media hysteria and no baffling contradictory figures and stats exactly and truthfully what the position is now . I don’t want any wild predictions of impending doom , just the FACTS !
Do the means justify where we are now, and where we appear to be heading , just more of this depressing none life.

1 Like

My guess is that come March there will be a plan in place for returning to normal. All the noise points to a vaccine being available pre Christmas.

I think everyone just needs to sit tight for now, this won’t be the new norm.

1 Like

Really hope you’re right , because if you’re not I dread to think where we will be as a civilisation

The trouble with that is the health passport, which is just a nicer sounding version of Chinese social crediting. When your freedom becomes contingent on, for example your apps and the information on them then that is a vast leap from a society where freedom is genarally contingent on your actual behaviour framed by long established equitable institutions such as laws which in turn derive their origins and perameters from things like human rights, democatic process etc and all the checks and balances that go with them. That is the way our society functions. Since March we have experienced government by decree, we are still there even though its blindingly obvious that we are not in any sort of emergency situation right now.

After 12 months of this brow-beating the public will by and large do anything to get “back to normal”, that’s what the “incompetence” has been about. A frightened, confused, and economically down-trodden population will comply with things that 12 months ago would have caused riots on the streets. That’s what the mask wearing, the ever changing “rules”, the traffic light system, the clap for the NHS has lead us towards, so your right sometime in the new year the same psychos that have done the fear-mongering and the confusing will appear like the Wizard of Oz with their miracle vaccine to take us down their yellow brick road.

Sorry but the other option , is more grim than the one you mention above.

Getting on with life just isn’t an option at the moment … well unless your crazy that is!

2 Likes

Signed 197,995

Thing is living an isolated life is not a good option for a couple of people I have spoken to this week either. Their mental health is really suffering.

Looks like premier league clubs going to insist on photo ID when purchasing tickets for whenever first match allows fans back in so I assume will be same lower down.

Edit: Geordie will love that!

1 Like

Do they have to have been inoculated as well :grin:

At the moment Newcastle United owe me about £350 quid, if they send a volunteer to kiss my arse I might consider going to games in future :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite enjoying watching non-league again this season, belting game last night, and a trip to Guisborough planned for Saturday, Middlesbrough spoonies 11.30 via a very early pint in Darlington. No interest in tv football in empty grounds, its utterly miserable. Did I follow for our game on the opening day, and that will be my last. There’s only one type of football for me and that’s being at the game.

1 Like

Surprised you’d set foot in a ‘Spoons, to be honest.