Player Songs

Flynn Clarke?

1 Like

James Taylor has quite a large back catalogue. Not sure many suitable for a singalong though.

One of the best songs i heard used for a player in recent years was Pilot’s “Oh It’s Magic” for Jose Semedo i think.

Would be good to have a few original ones this season. There must be a Manny Monthe song waiting to be crafted out of the chorus of Manic Monday

A dual purpose song! I think it’s a must. Get those song-sheets printed, might be a bit late for tonight, but Saturday will do.

Yes, a bit slow but the sentiments of Fire and Rain are suitable for Saddlers’ fans.

1 Like

Timmy Timmy Timmy Timmy Timmmmyy Abraham he shoots he scores, he shoots he scores

Karma chameleon’esque

1 Like

Halcyon days at Edgbaston singing that for Asif Din. For a couple of seasons Warwicks were by far the best county outfit in all forms and that song always takes me back.

1 Like

:notes: Oh Danny Johnson you are the love of my life
Oh Danny Johnson I’d let you s**g my wife
Oh Danny Johnson, I want ginger hair too! :notes:

Tune- can’t take my eyes off of you. Andy Williams.

I am aware that this is a rip off of the Johnny Bairstow song. But it fits.

1 Like

Love the irony of using an Andy Willams song for a player but not for Andy Williams!

1 Like

Great memories of that Warwickshire team. I remember being a kid and helping carry Asif Din’s kit while he lit up his cigar!

1 Like

Thanks very much for Tom Moody by the way. :laughing:

Makuna’s a Saddler
What a wonderful phrase
Makuna’s a Saddler
Scores goals for days
We didn’t pay a fee, got him for free
Makuna’s a Saddler

(Tune is of course Hakuna Matata from the Lion King)

2 Likes

No chance. He’ll get the ‘Tequila’ song, guaranteed.