Plymouth Argyle (H) August 4th, 3.00pm

and talking of the Ref it is ANDY HAINES…at least there will be entertainment then!!

Yes. In a dead rubber that saw us play some players that were released/sold shortly after. Hardly a bang at it, first game of the season fixture is it?

Have you got any fact to back up that other than a twelfth man thing it has no advantage? The only figures I can find are that Home wins are the more common result than both draws and Away wins and that continues to get exaggerated as you move up the football ladder, with home advantage being more important in the premier league than in League 2 for example. That says to me it has to do with atmosphere and attendance. I think it’s very foolish to write that off as “that’s about it”.

Edit: I mean I just had a funny feeling about your “we turned Fleetwood into a home game” comment so I looked it up: 3644 with 1084 Walsall fans. Hardly Anfield that :joy::joy::joy:

Plymouth only have 1800 tickets…if we cannot outnumber and out shout them it means we really are in the deep dodo…

Bring back the one and only . . . . Maurice Fussy.

1 Like

So we had about a third of the attendance. About the same as I’m suggesting Plymouth could bring on Saturday. It was you that suggested that this would give up home advantage or “better still” might as well play away. I disagree.

I didn’t say that home advantage wasn’t a thing, I said it was becoming less of a thing. Some evidence here.

I think we disagree. And that’s OK.

2 Likes

To be honest I’m confused by that article. “Busting the myth” and proving that home wins are still more common than Away and draws?

Where have you suggested that? They’ve already got 1800, which is probably more than a third of the final attendance, you seemed to want to give them more? (P.s. don’t know if your sarcasm detector is working but I wasn’t actually suggesting we play it away.)

Yeah it is ok?

I remember the last two bertschin was as bad as bamber and thats being kind and Pritchard coundnt trap a bag cement

I agree with you PT. let’s give Plymouth as many tickets as they want. We might even be able to use the extra gate money to sign a decent League 1 centre-half ( if there are any left after all the other clubs have had their pick!). It doesn’t matter how many fans they bring, at the moment we are very unlikely to beat Plymouth. Let’s take the money and move on.

2 Likes

Who you signing for the extra couple of grand we will get? Do you even think it would be spent considering Wembley and Chelsea seemed to do ■■■■ all for the coffers.

I would attend an ELO concert willing them to lose to be fair.

Tek the bloody money! Apparently we’re already certain to go down anyway … :crazy_face:

1 Like

:laughing:

I agree, sell them as many as they want, There is no argument not to increase our financial take and besides it could be a boost to the local economy in the future when they discover the delights of Walsall and book a weekend break.

One slight downside is that it will increase the traffic on the M5 as I return for the match from my Devon break.

1 Like

Selling them an extra 1,000 tickets is worth around £20,000 gross, say £10,000 net. That’s an extra £200 per week for a new centre-half - might make the difference at our price level.

1 Like

If we are that hard up for 200 quid a week then we really do have problems.

Well, it all has the appearance of being a shambles.But a win on Saturday ( not an impossibility) would change the mood somewhat. The players and playing staff are not immune to all the negativity. That can create a positive “bunker “ mentality. Or am i clutching at straws? For now, let’s put everything aside and give whatever team we put out our utmost support. I know it’s “happy clapperism” but come Saturday let us , the fans, give all we have got to support OUR team. I have my tin hat at the ready for criticism but, UTS.

1 Like

No criticism from me …I agree entirely. The match is certainly not the occasion for voicing our concerns at the complete shambles we have made of this pre season.

1 Like

We are , hence why Dean missed out on his latest targets.

My point is that we shouldn’t have to find two quid a week by offering our stadium to the “massive” Plymouth Argyle following. There’s plenty of ways we can find 200 quid a week.

I genuinely think we will win this game, 2-1, or 3-1

3 Likes

Unfortunately think we’ll lose two or three one. We’re gonna have a bodge job of a defence and I’m expecting Plymouth to perform quite well this season too. Would certainly take a draw if offered it now.

I’m not sure I’m following the argument…how much of the community stand have Plymouth got then? If they’re being denied most of that stand I can understand their frustration as it’s going to be empty unless there’s a family day offer on which I doubt for first day of the season.

If they have that and still want more tickets then that’s overkill.