Plymouth Argyle (H) August 4th, 3.00pm

Plymouth have just been given an extra 460 tickets. That takes them up to the half way line in the community stand.

So, that’s virtually a home tie for Plymouth then? Can’t see the pre season catastrophe tempting a fevered large home crowd in view of only 3,500 turning up to see Ajax!
Can’t be there, but good luck (we’ll need it!) to the lads, can see us actually scoring, but will let in a few too, Roberts will have to be at his best!

Don’t bet against us as a rule but 9/5 Plymouth and 5/1 BTTS + Plymouth are very tempting.

1 Like

As it draws closer I’m really looking forward to it. Season number 44 for me and I still get a bit giddy.

By the looks of things we have a decent target man and a winger or two who might be able to find him. A Graydon-esque style replacing the artisan number ten we’ve had for the last four or five seasons. Should be interesting.

Apart from the visit of Sunderland it could be the largest crowd of the season too.

Yes, our wafer thin defensive options could be an issue. Let’s see.

Can’t come quick enough now.

3 Likes

Will be on to that 9/5!

I’m currently away and I am unsure whether to drive back late tonight in order to watch this tomorrow. I usually have wich a buzz for the first game of the season, but I am finding hard to get excited about tomorrow.

Roberts

Wilson Fitzwater Guthrie Leahy
Ismail Chambers Dobson Morris
Ferrier Cook

Still extremely workman like particularly in midfield with a massive onus on Ismail to create but much more optimistic now. Still take a draw though.

1 Like

Would still have Devlin starting tomorrow otherwise that’s a fair bit of disruption to back 4.

Think Ginnelly may well start ahead of Morris aswell.

1 Like

Could Morris slot into central midfield when needed?

Yeah that could work. Morris is always cutting inside anyhow.

Not saying we couldn’t use Kinsella, but Morris offers a better option going forward.

1 Like

Only in an emergency. Morris was taught a lesson playing that position v Barnsley in the play offs.

He needs to buck his ideas up this season otherwise he’s getting released.

1 Like

There’s a few who fall into that category.

1 Like

I do like Morris but he’s stagnated a lot from last season of Smith. Hope it was just poor Whitney coaching as guy has decent technique and can chip in with goals so should be good player at this level.

Didn’t see a huge amount to wow me last week, Ginnelly was more of a threat so think he’ll get the nod tomorrow.

If he managed to get more shots on target he’d be a real threat, especially as he’s not afraid to have a pop.

Hope today’s signings add a couple of hundred onto the gate. Would be nice to see 6,000 down there. Would need around 4,300 Walsall fans for that to be true.

I’ll be attending now. Excited to see what Ferrier, Cook, Ismail and possibly Ginnelly can possibly offer - pace and power at any level is always a threat.

I think we will line up with:

Roberts

Devlin
Fitzwater
Guthrie
Leahy

Ismail
Dobson
Chambers
Ginnelly

Ferrier
Cook

2 Likes

My team for tomorrow would be …

Roberts

Wilson
Fitzwater
Guthrie
Leahy

Ismail
Dobson
Chambers
Ginnelly

Ferrier
Cook

Get the ball wide as quickly as possibly and get the ball in the box for 90 minutes. Also use Ferrier’s pace by getting the ball into the channels. It’s not going to be pretty but this could be a very effective team on their day. I’m certainly more optimistic after today even though I still think we need 2/3 more players.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Maz got the nod ahead of Ginnelly tomorrow, had a decent pre-season and Gino has been recovering from injury.

1 Like

Do it!

1 Like