Pomlett and what he has done for the club

It may have been a condition of the buyout ? :wink:

Yes he’s getting virtually nothing out of Guthrie and Sinclair and Clarke has been very average at best (and fairly dire at worst)

Jesus armchair CEO’s! The easiest thing in the world is to criticise others. We’ve all moaned about Bonser, a bloke comes in and rids us of the leech and everyone is moaning! He’s not a wealthy man, and to survive Covid is going to be his greatest achievement.
We’re Walsall, we’ve never had a pot to ■■■■ in and probably never will, but that’s why we support 'em. Jesus, let’s pull together.

8 Likes

The new version of keyboard warriors. I get the frustration but some comments I’ve seen on here and elsewhere are ridiculous.

9 Likes

There are a certain few who don’t come and give there views when things are going well ( admittedly not to often ) but are very quick to jump on after a few disappointing performances.

2 Likes

Well that counts me out because my Mrs recons i have spent more time on here than i have EVER spent on her :rofl: :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Came across this earlier :rofl:

7 Likes

Mine said similar too and I was only on here for 5 seconds I’m sure it lasted longer than that :thinking:.

1 Like

“If it wasn’t for those pesky supporters i would have gotten away with it” :rofl:

2 Likes

Facebook by any chance :joy:

Yes you’ve seen it lol

He did :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: class

Do you think Mole and Gamble have made good football decisions

And do think Pomlett is right in letting Clarke sign a conveyor belt of dross he can’t get the best out of ?

All good Walsall managers have got the best out of what they had on a pisspoor budget

Kiss arsing the club at this stage will not bring about change. Got to ask the right questions and deal in facts

While the business side may be stable the football side is not. We’ll have the best facilities in non league within a decade if we aren’t careful

1 Like

We don’t know all of the facts though, do we? Also, do you think the conversation went something like this:
Clarke: "Leigh, I know we have a tight budget so I’m going to sign some dross. "
Pomlett: “Great, that’ll please the fans!”
I’m sure, like a lot of chairmen he has put his trust in Clarke to sign the players that he sees fit. Whether those signings work out or not is hardly Pomletts fault.

1 Like

Mole and Gamble do not make football decisions!
Clarke makes the decisions and Pomlett rubber stamps them.
Mole and Gamble run the business. There is a lot more to running a football club than football.
Ticket sales, cleaning, transport, sponsorships, security, hotels, player registrations, accounts, finance, employment of staff, personnel records, management of non football staff, payroll, advertising, correspondence etc, etc etc. That’s what Mole and Gamble do. And they do a good job of it.

8 Likes

The question is the wrong one for me!

For me the question is, what could Pomlett have realistically done in the short time of his tenure, considering:

• No money
• Pandemic
• State of squad & management inherited

He hired a manager, that most fans were delighted with and most of us would have hired too. He has improved communication from an incredibly low base of course & brought a more positive feeling to the club, again from an incredibly low base.

I also believe that Pomlett will keep the club in business & alive, despite our financial constraints & those caused by the pandemic & looming recession.

The football side is of course disappointing, but Pomlett is not the first Chairman to have appointed the right manager on paper, who hasn’t delivered on grass.

The problem for Pomlett is that he is still accountable to the landlord for over £8k a week & does not have the personal resources to resolve this, even if the landlord wanted too.

In addition, Pomlett’s other problem is that he was part of the landlords board for a decade & hasn’t changed that board since he arrived.

The club needed a rebuild, a sense of direction, a genuine identity & it’s own ground; none of that was going to happen quickly & the pandemic has stalled any plans or strategy Pomlett had to do so.

However, I for one am concerned that our future is far from clear and a long spell in the 4th Division or indeed worse may lay ahead. We need changes off & on the pitch & i’m tired of still paying the rent, which eats at my passion for the club.

I’ll always be a Saddler till I die. But god it’s hard.

11 Likes

One thing I cant get is why would any businessman by the football club and be half a million pound down, every season, without kicking a ball??? This does not make any business sense at all.
OK, talk of obtaining freehold in ten years but that equates to 5 million spent on rent. Pomlett is just a PR front.

2 Likes

As much as the Romans, what did they ever do for us ?..

1 Like

Welease Woger!!!